myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lake Floras in Oregon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madspaniard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Lake Floras in Oregon Reply with quote

Hi

Heading to Lake Floras for a four-day camping-windsurfing trip in August. Need info about availability for camping spots, Ive been told its first come first serve. Any chances of no-spots-available on a weekend?

How was your experience at the lake?
bringing the girl with me...how are the winds for begginers-intermediate?

Any info will help

Thanks
mark.thesing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: RE: Lake Floras in Oregon Reply with quote

the campground there boice cope park is great and spots are always available ...the sunset on the ocean is sublime ... it is excellent place for intermediate and beginners because it is warm fresh swallow flat water sand bottom... it is the bonaire of the north ... the instructor are great will, les and sunja ... mark
chancho

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: RE: Lake Floras in Oregon Reply with quote

I was just there. I pulled in on a tuesday and there were many sites available- wind started to come up on Wed. and the camp started to fill up too. Place was fun- people camped there were super cool- all windsurfers or kiters. Probably an excellent place for beginners to windsurf. As for kiting... there were beginners when I was there but to me the wind was pretty gusty- I flew a 16 in the morn. and then switched to a 12 for a short while. Hate to say it but I got kind of bored with the flatwater- Im more into waves. Solution: Drive up to Whiskey Run- fly a 12 all day. All in all a good spot, worth the trip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: