myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Mistral Screamer 2003-2004 105lt...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erdemt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Mistral Screamer 2003-2004 105lt... Reply with quote

Hi,

Does anyone has this board or had it before care to comment on it a bit? I currently have a Techno 152lt board and lately Crissy and CandleStick is making it feel like very big even with a smaller fin. I am an intermediate windsurfer and need something like the Techno which is forgiving but has less volume for more stability in higher winds. I found a good deal on this board and it looks like a good modern design. Unfortunately i simply can not find any information on it on the web. Any info, thoughts?

Regards...

Erdem
morwind4me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: RE: Mistral Screamer 2003-2004 105lt... Reply with quote

Ive only ridden the bigger Screamer (133?) which was pretty fun, but Im sure a very different board from the 105. How much do you weigh? What size sail will you be using on it? How are your waterstarts/jibes? What kind of sailing do you do? A little more info would help.

I will say that when I was in your position I chose to go with a slightly higher volume board (112 liters) so that it would more reasonably carry my 7.5 sail, but thats another debate.

Back to the board: I see the screamer as more of a mix between a freeride and slalom board, and to me thats unappealing. Around here (Michigan), if youre going to be on a 100-115 liter shortboard we all prefer to have more of a wave/b&j board like the syncro.

I liked the 133 for blasting, but I couldnt see having it in a 105. This is all my opinion though and keep in mind, Ive never even ridden the thing!

Good luck,
Morwind
Windlover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: RE: Mistral Screamer 2003-2004 105lt... Reply with quote

Im not sure how a 91 model would compare to an 03-04 model, but I love my Screamer. Mine is a 105 ltr and I use it for 5.0 to 6.5. Ive seen folks use a 7.5 but if I need a sail that big, Im usually on a bigger board or mountain biking. Im 190 and I can rope start my Screamer if necessary. It sinks a bit with a 6.5 but normally dont have to use an uphaul.

The newer model descriptions sound like it is a little more freeride/slalom than the slalom board mine is. Mine was my only short board for many years and I still use it when I want to go really fast. For the bay area I would think that a newer Screamer would be something you would grow into and enjoy even after you get it dialed in. If it is a great deal, I say seriously consider it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: