myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
learning 2 fly TOW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiamea

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: learning 2 fly TOW Reply with quote

Correct me if Im wrong and all things being equal with good wind, experiance and learning on a shorter board means riding one right??...Its been my experiance surfing anyway...9 6 to 6 8 twenty pounds lighter took awhile tow. Or should I be content on 150 liters??...once planning arent smaller boards easier 2 ride?? I weight 175 and hit 80% waterstarts on 100 liters that my small right now!!
coachg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: RE: learning 2 fly TOW Reply with quote

It depends on what you mean by good wind. In the higher winds, the smaller board will be easier to control and be faster. In the lighter winds the bigger board will plane earlier, be faster and point higher.

If there is enough wind, you will be happier with the 100 l board.

Coachg
wiamea

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: RE: learning 2 fly TOW Reply with quote

LOL...appreciate the imput, Iguess I just dont want to get to used to always sailing a floater aka log as and I could be wrong but I feel like itll spoil me because like a large board in waves its limited, sometimes dangerous. with this sport I need all the help I can get!!Ive noticed older boards had narrower tails and surely that wouldn;t plane as fast, but they had 2 be pretty smooth in chop right??
wiamea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: RE: learning 2 fly TOW Reply with quote

Lake Isabella almost always.....
carl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: RE: learning 2 fly TOW Reply with quote

Leed,
RE your comment: 20+, anyone can ride a 60 liter sinker all the time
At solid 30 or 35+ I would agree with you, if the person has the skill and confidence for a stone sinker. A lightweight would have no problem. BUT 60 liters to me (200lbs) has the equivelent float as 39L to you. How many 39L boards have you sailed, Leed??? How many jibes DID you make on that 39L wakeboard?? Smile
At 20 to about 27, I couldnt even get a sail big enough to work on a 60 liter board. 60 liter boards just arent designed to work with 6.0 or 6.5 sails. Plus getting and keeping it planing would be a major chore, let alone trying to slog it if the wind dropped to say 25!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: