myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
redecking production board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WAVEDAVE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: redecking production board Reply with quote

I want to redeck my carbon board , I have a spray gun and compresser, what materials will I need and the procedure involved as well as a place to buy the stuff?
spyder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: RE: redecking production board Reply with quote

We use clear urethane and deck dust which you can get at fiberglass hawaii

(I am sure other places have it too)
ron.c

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: RE: redecking production board Reply with quote

What about using that stuff called Redeck? It comes complete in a can, roll it on and cures in sun light? Ive used it on my F2 Axxis with very good results.
RC
hilton08

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: RE: redecking production board Reply with quote

There is a product called Re-Deck that works great. It is available from most windsurf shops. It requires no mixing, just shake it up and roll it on (roller included). Dries clear, stays clear. A lot less hassle than trying to spray it on.
carl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: RE: redecking production board Reply with quote

If you like a rougher surface than Redeck gives, just sprinkle some course white sugar on the wet Redeck, works great, stays clear (unlike sand). BTW The Redeck I got didnt need sun to cure, but bad laquer smell, vent the garage well.
WAVEDAVE

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: RE: redecking production board Reply with quote

doesnt sugar turn yellow after some time, wouldnt acrilic dust work better on the deck?
carl

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: RE: redecking production board Reply with quote

Dont know, I did it on a yellow board. I heard of using sugar on another forum, and it worked great and it was already in my kitchen. I need to do a white board next, I wonder where do you get that acrillic stuff in the SF bay area (south)? **********************
doesnt sugar turn yellow after some time, wouldnt acrilic dust work better on the deck?
VinceSF

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: RE: redecking production board Reply with quote

I am about to redeck my board as well.
here is an article on how to do it:
http://www.boards.co.uk/articles/index.asp?ID_A=178&article_type=50
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: