myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sailing between Candlestick and Coyote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvCali

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Sailing between Candlestick and Coyote Reply with quote

I was looking at the wind statistics in the past days (guess not much else to do) and I noticed that the SFO airport has by far the highest averages/peak winds throughout the year.

So the question is: what is the situation for taking off between Coyote Point and Candlestick? Flying Tigers? Oyster Point? Is there any decent place?
mogunn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Sailing between Candlestick and Coyote Reply with quote

davideverota wrote:
what is the situation for taking off between Coyote Point and Candlestick? Flying Tigers? Oyster Point? Is there any decent place?

From Coyote heading north there's Embassy Suites, Haskins (Flying Tigers), Oyster Point, Sierra Point and then Candlestick.

What do you mean by decent?

You might get more responses if you post in the Southwest forum.

dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Sailing between Candlestick and Coyote Reply with quote

coyotewindsurf wrote:
From Coyote heading north there's Embassy Suites, Haskins (Flying Tigers), Oyster Point, Sierra Point and then Candlestick.

What do you mean by decent?.

oh, by decent I simply mean something that does not require carrying your rig over boulders and slogging in toxic waste to get to the windline ... the water access in the Bay IS in general dismal: an environmental nightmare really.

Can you give some directions on Embassy Suites, Haskins (Flying Tigers), Oyster Point, Sierra Point ... or should I just google earth ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: