myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The Season is Dead!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeeD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess the westermost coast got the bulk of the gusty winds this Th-Sunday.
Hope you guys got some wind besides just HMB.
For you sailors looking for surf, on a SE wind, the beaches well S of the Breakwater can be true side with some off component, like StFrancis (SnoWhite) and up to Venice.
SharpPark usually gets side off, but imposing due to backwash similar to N and S beaches of PtReyes.
My van broke, so had to settle for the early and late Sat blow at Berkeley ugly refraction gustiness Crying or Very sad
Dat's life, today Monday has some promise for like partly sunny, mostly cloudy rainy big sail weather.
dabull1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: SAMCRO ROCKS!!! Reply with quote

Hey weose33, Jacks would look like a real a-hole sailin' around the Bay in his SAMCRO cut! How the Sons made it on to a W/S chat, yikes. But this IS the best show to come on TV since Mayberry RFD, I mean a badass, AK47 smuggling biker gang running frickin' town called "Charming," YEEHAW!!! Ma' Hog's waitin' Bull PS Happy Thanksgiving to all!
richardp03

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: whats the wind like in Southern CaA in February? Reply with quote

I am a UK kitesurfer who has to be in San Diego in early Feb 2009, Whats the wind normally like? I like big wind and waves. Is Sandiego OK or should I head further south then?? Laughing
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely go south. Stop in T.J. and look for the zona rosa. Anybody on the street can give you directions to San Carlos. Make sure you wait until the news announces "Santa Ana" winds. You can then easily hot launch from the bluff. Also as an added bonus, wait until a large winter storm drops just north of Hawaii, and beelines to the west coast. You would look for the bouys to read at least 25 feet at 18 seconds from 275 degrees before going to San Carlos. You won't need a wetsuit.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Gorge sailing season was mortally wounded back in Sept, and is now near death except for the polar bears and penguins living near the east-wind (west) end of the Gorge. I guess we can't complain: April through August raised the bar to record heights, and even the fall east winds have been pretty danged good this year. Right now, though, the next wind I see forecast is on about March 18. And while we had sunshine and 68 degrees and hard wind just a couple of weeks ago, once the winter pattern of marine weather moves in sometime in November, it's pretty much here for the duration; the next 120 days will look fairly similar: dark, damp, and cold with occasional breaks. My first winter at the far east end of the Gorge area in 1999 was four months of drizzlemist, with highs of 34 and lows of 30. Wind or no wind, that sucks. Fortunately, that was about the crappiest winter of the last decade, even that's better than most winters in the bowels of the Gorge, and even in the Gorge Altitude is Everything; like in northern Utah, the mountain winter playgrounds are often clear.

Mike \m/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: