myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Kiter accident captured on YOUTUBE
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wind-NC.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uugh. Makes me sick to my stomach.
ruffrider2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Scuzzy Breeze- It's a-holes like you that cause trouble between kiters and windsurfers
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with ruffrider2, really some airhead thoughts, particularly now at this time for the poor guy involved, kiters overall and their sport. It's a sorry approach to our differences, and I'm coming from the perspective of being a dedicated windsurfer (and never to be a kiter).
ScuzzyBreeze

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruffrider2 wrote:
To Scuzzy Breeze- It's a-holes like you that cause trouble between kiters and windsurfers

Check the original post my friend, this comment was made in fun concerning a fictitious kiter being picked up by a 747, and also a month ago. Check your facts and get over yourself.
beginerkiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel bad for the guy but he should have known his limits. that was to much wind for even the pros. just another reason why lessons are so important...
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most expert kiter I know finally became humbled this time. TS Faye was not even that big a deal, and he tucked tail and aborted before going out. He has hammered WS'ing for years. He now is shopping for WS'ing storm sails. Good for him.

Too bad that final bit of bad PR is what it has taken to get more people to open their eyes. Kiting is dangerous. One should always have lots of "outs" when playing in that arena. Too bad we all now really look like suicidal freaks to the general populace. I've been lumped into the kiting world too many times not to be sensitive to that fact.

Kiting in storm winds with wide wind ranges is opening oneself up to way too many variables, folks. Try to eliminate the potentials for disaster. Simple premise for those inclined to kite: Kite if it's 25 or below and steady. Windsurf if it's 25+ and gusty. How many more futures need to be ruined to make it any clearer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: