myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Budget Maui

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dancrane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Budget Maui Reply with quote

I'm going to Maui from Sept 25 - Oct 23. It looks like the wind will be 20-23 mph there (based upon Kanaha next door last year).

I haven't been there in four years, and don't anticipate going there frequently. So... my kite's too big - Ozone Instinct 15.

I thought I'd try to find a consignment shop there, and sell the kite when I leave. Is there a consignment or used gear shop in Kahului? The kite shops would like to sell me lessons, but I've had eight hours of lessons at Kite Beach. I'd like to just get some time on my board, smooth out my jibes and get into jumping a little. I don't have a big budget for this, and I'm confident I can go upwind OK on a cheap C kite.

Also... does anybody here agree or disagree that iWindsurf "20 mph" at Kanaha is a lot stronger than "20 mph" at Belmont Shores?

Thanks/Dan
geohaye

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan, for kiteboarding related posts, including questions such as yours, be sure to post them on iKitesurf.com instead, that's where most of the kiters are:

http://forums.iKitesurf.com/viewforum.php?f=4
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: