myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Right of Way!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
airboy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha Ha Ha ... they are WATER TOYS comrades not sailboats...
flyskiwindsurf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

airboy wrote:
Ha Ha Ha ... they are WATER TOYS comrades not sailboats...

There are ROW rules for EVERYTHING on land, on/in the water, air, or space. In the water these rules cover everything from swimmers to inner tubers to oil tankers to aircraft carrier battle groups. Not following these rules MIGHT work until caught and fined or suspended or arrested or injury or death occurs to SOMEONE. Then all H**L breaks loose. Of course the dead could care less at that point. And there are always those who are "dead right". Shocked
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Does ISOBARS Windsurf?? Reply with quote

loikiws wrote:
Oh, and he's been officially banned and shouted out of some forums

The only ban was mutual. When the moderator of the Yahoo NW Windtalk Group told me baseless personal attacks are allowed but polite response to them was prohibited because it might lead to controversy, I left that group and Yahoo forever.

"Shouted out"? You must have missed my explanations upon my departure. I suggest you get your facts straight.

Mike
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Yielding on tack Reply with quote

dclopez wrote:
Yea ... what's up with the yielding on tack ... I yield to tack about 90% of the time because it seems most people would rather sail parallel straight into the wind than yield tack ... of course if people want to play chicken ... well ... I'm a good 210 lbs ... I'll win that one everytime ...

Maybe. Wink

A big guy jibed RIGHT in my face to avoid a big guy who jibed RIGHT in HIS face. I had only a fraction of a second to roll into a very tight 190-pound, 25-mph cannon ball before hitting him squarely in the rib cage. He said he was sore from armpit to thigh for days.

Now, what does "yield to tack" mean?

Mike \m/
flyskiwindsurf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: North West Wind Talk Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
loikiws wrote:

The only ban was mutual. When the moderator of the Yahoo NW Windtalk Group told me baseless personal attacks are allowed but polite response to them was prohibited because it might lead to controversy, I left that group and Yahoo forever.

"Shouted out"? You must have missed my explanations upon my departure. I suggest you get your facts straight.

Mike

There are at least a couple of threads that have been started there (pros and cons Smile ) about "maybe" trying to "get you back". Surprised

Bring Back Mike's Van to the Group

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/NW-WINDTALK/message/25626

I think we should see if Mike's Van, banned from NW Windtalk several years ago, will come back to NW Windtalk. The group may want to think about providing a stipend to him to entice him to participate again.

I make the suggestion tongue in cheek to highlight what appears to be the slow demise and absence of energy with the group. ...............................
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wsmike wrote:
Starboard tack, maintain point of sail

I presume you mean "as you pass by an oncoming sailor" (a few seconds) rather than "when a sailor is approaching" (there's almost always somebody else coming).

Mike \m/
loikiws

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Does ISOBARS Windsurf?? Reply with quote

Yeah, yeah ... whatever. A "mutual ban", how convenient. You definitely do post a lot of very useful, insightful, and entertaining information and advice. And I for one have been very appreciative of that. Unfortunately, the fact remains that you have a tendency for hyperbole and controversy -- and at times just plain crap -- that at times takes center stage. And your 'good' information gets clouded over by that. Just a bit of constructive criticism ... take it for what it is.

isobars wrote:
loikiws wrote:

Mike
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Does ISOBARS Windsurf?? Reply with quote

loikiws wrote:
you have a tendency for hyperbole and controversy -- and at times just plain crap

Funny how many times I've been accused of knowingly making false or exaggerated statements, yet when proof is requested, it's never yet been provided.

Mike
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: North West Wind Talk Reply with quote

flyskiwindsurf wrote:
isobars wrote:
loikiws wrote:

Mike

There are at least a couple of threads that have been started there (pros and cons Smile ) about "maybe" trying to "get you back". Surprised

Bring Back Mike's Van to the Group

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/NW-WINDTALK/message/25626

I think we should see if Mike's Van, banned from NW Windtalk several years ago, will come back to NW Windtalk. The group may want to think about providing a stipend to him to entice him to participate again.

Tongue in cheek or not, the group hasn't the money to bring me back under the thumb of a moderator as stupid as that one was. Example: "On what planet should a poster be expected to back up a libelous statement?" What is he ... 10 years old?

Mike
wsmike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really doesn't look like you're getting much sailing when you reply to your own posts and/or post consecutively numerous times in one thread, and post nonsense.

Quote:
Quote:
wsmike wrote:
Starboard tack, maintain point of sail

I presume you mean "as you pass by an oncoming sailor" (a few seconds) rather than "when a sailor is approaching" (there's almost always somebody else coming).

Does this make sense to anybody else? I've stared at it and can't figure out what his point is. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: