myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sailing with kids in MA/NH area, where?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scooper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar to the previous post- I've got 2 kids wetsuits that I could let go cheap, like free. My guys have outgrown them. I think they would probably fit the 6 to 10 year old crowd, although it would have to be a skinny 10 year old. They're pretty nice suits, in fair to good shape. I live in the boston area.

My 3 favorite places for kids- Ninigret, West Dennis, Fogland. Pleasure bay could work after lifeguard hours or off season, Lake Quannapowitt is O.K.

outcast

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooper
I got three little popsicles here on the cape who could use those suits.
I sent you a PM Crying or Very sad
speedysailor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett wrote:
Nevin Sayre used to run a kids clinic there annually that was loads of fun for the little ones. You might check out if that is still happening.
He only used that location for a few years. In fact the camp was held a long time running at Lake Coonamesset. However, since the town didn't like the complaints about teens partying at that secret beach, they bull-dozed the road down to it. I sailed there way back when and still see it as a great start for a windsurfer. However, you have to carry the gear down into the launch. It's also become one of those secret beaches that aren't all that secret. Horses, dogs, and all sorts people it. I have, though, considered leaving a board there chained to a tree.
Dunoyer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waquoit Bay is also worth considering
speedysailor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't suggest it. It's become rather popular on weekends with those that can't cough up the entrance fee at South Cape. The parking lots which are small and unpaved overflow. Sunday while the wind was blowing it was thick with kites, many in the hands of the inexperienced. The dogs run free. The boozers and trash throwing goons abound. Return visits by windsurfing families are rare. The road hasn't been graded in almost a decade and after a rain is near impassable for any vehicle other than a 4X4.
spark1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's the water quality at Lake Quanapowitt? I personally sail there all the time, and just shower afterwards, but I've heard some horror stories from sailors at other spots who avoid the place. I've brought several people there for "1st time" sessions, and people seem to be generally put off by the dark brown, mysteriously warm water. That, plus the "no swimming" signs have made me question things. Nevertheless, I've had some absolutely awesome sessions there. Anyone know of a resource to find out about the water quality? I've done some searching and haven't found anything.[/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: