myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
wet suit fit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldenghost

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: wet suit fit? Reply with quote

Well, after two tries at a wet suit from Sierra Trading Post I bought one on sale from Promotion. There sizing is exactly what it says it was in a tall wet suit. However the wrist banding is extremely tight. I mean tight. I have a hard time getting my hands through and once I do it is still tight.
The rest of the suite fits like a glove. Because I waited too long to purchase this it might be fall until I wear it. If the wrists are going to be a problem I would send this back now. What to do???
P.S. my hands and wrist are normal size.
carl

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would contact Promotion first, maybe the sleaves can be trimmed so they are looser. Also neopreme loosens up some when it's wet.
icesailing

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: wetsuits Reply with quote

neilpryde suits are awesome the 3000/4000/5000 modles are some of the best suits going. try one youll never go back.
jordanwd

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blown out wetsuit repair in santa cruz can tailor / modify your suit anyway you would like, give them a call. good luck!
speedysailor

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wetsuit neoprene isn't hard to tailor. If it is only the wrists, you can do it yourself. I bought some sheets of wetsuit neoprene from a Dive Shop and have used them for various purposes. You can also take one of those beer can cooler shirts and cut it to fit. You just sew the edges together like any other kind of fabric. Then, if you want, you can seal the seem with NeoRez.
goldenghost

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll keep it seeing it fits good and worry about the wrists later.
hilton08

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the rest of the suit fits well, you might as well keep it and give it a try. If the wrists do need altering, you can always do that later.
You should be able to trim a little off the length in order to loosen the wrist seals slightly. Otherwise ProMotion can add some material to fix the problem. It could be a good excuse to take a trip to the Gorge.
promotion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: ProMotion Wetsuits Reply with quote

It looks like you got some good advice above.
If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to call us at ProMotion 800-798-1628. We are here to help.
The ProMotion Wetsuit Service Crew
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those guys are a good reason to buy promotion. See if NealPryde is ready tohelp modify your new NP suit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: