myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Canadian Hole went nuclear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thomastatem

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Canadian Hole went nuclear Reply with quote

Gigantic Thanks to Charlie at Ride Hatteras for hooking me up w/ 3.7m sail that rocked and all the hospitality that sailors can only find at a place like Avon in Hatteras. OBTW the egg/tater burritos were the shit! Windsign started rumbling in the midwest as tornadoes dropped out of a massive system with the lowest I\'ve seen the jetstream drop and stay, isobars started to stack and the flow was on!! Drove in from New Bern, NC late Sun missed the rain and sailed SW side off 30+, Monday went scalar nuclear onshore with NNW 35-45 peak gusts 60+, Tuesday more laminar N 30-40 side on all day long with pitching port ramps and sky launches like I was kiting or something. My bone density increased by 50% with the heavy weather pounding my vertebral column, tendons sting, skin shredded, eyeballs have sandmarks and salt spray streaks but my permagrin is definitely is imprinted with the Canadian Hole\'s fury. Saw some stellar fellas huckin it out there, props all round to the locals who showed up and played some buck nasty with the Pamlico sound!!

Thomas T from Tennessee

check out video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpUTtVEREv0

Last edited by thomastatem on Wed May 14, 2008 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
geohaye

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick!

the stuff legends are made of!
thomastatem

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: sick! Reply with quote

The winds were very offshore but Hatteras curves to any direction. The local wave sailors trooped to Ocracoke Is by ferry to try the north end. Charlie of Ride Hatteras was going to try some cleaner swell way to the outside hoping for side off but it looked mostly offshore!! He is the man!! Oh well I'll be licking wounds and waiting for the next flow....

Thomas T from Tennessee
vims

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, what size sail was that guy using who had the mast sticking way out the top. It looked like about a 2.0! He was the only one who seemed dialed in.
thomastatem

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: re: sail size Reply with quote

That fella is hanging on to a 2.7m on a 400, the other guy is a local pro named Lupe and he hit some horribly huge jumps for being in the sound...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: