myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Looking for waves...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dambreizh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Looking for waves... Reply with quote

Hi,
I just moved to the US a few months ago. I am living in New York, East side Manhattan.I am soon getting all my gears, hoping for some good wave riding around New York...
I am just looking for buddies to go windsurfing...I don't know where to go, how to go there etc...!!!!
Damien
feuser

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for waves... Reply with quote

Dambreizh wrote:
Hi,
I just moved to the US a few months ago. I am living in New York, East side Manhattan.I am soon getting all my gears, hoping for some good wave riding around New York...
I am just looking for buddies to go windsurfing...I don't know where to go, how to go there etc...!!!!
Damien

Hook up with the long island windsurfing yahoo group. I sail here year round. Tomorrow looking good for waves..

Email me through my profile, if you like.

F

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
rswabsin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the windmap.com for Long Island. Sounds like there is some great wave and bump/jump sailing out on the Island but I've never sailed there. Sandy Hook in NJ is OK. not much in the way of true wave sailing but you can sail ocean side in south to southeast winds - not great for waves but the swells are real fun. Further south in NJ is pretty good for waves, Seaside, Long Beach Island and the Barnegat Bay (Trixies, Seaside, Lavalette) is good flat water to B/J sailing. You can read about these spots here on iwindsurf. Also, check out the peconicpuffin.com blog for other inside onfo on the Long Island sailing scene.

Rob
cagjr21150

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above mentioned group: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/LongIslandWindsurfer/

You will find this interesting:
http://peconicpuffin.typepad.com/the_peconic_puffin/

And there's more: http://peconicwindsurfer.blogspot.com/
michaelingbar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Manhattan, have gear, no car, and some pretty good directions (Don't ask Feuser how we got lost 2x though!) E-mail me at frazowatz@yahoo.com
armaswindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Ray (ON NYC LOOKING 4 FRIENDS IN THE AREA 4 SAIL) Reply with quote

DUDES!!!.. I came 7 month ago from Cuba has a political refugee with permanent ressidence in USA, thanks also cuz I scape in 2004 from cuba by windsurfing the 90milles b/ Cuba and FL. And after workin has an animal,and saving money, finaly thanks to the guys of BIGWINDS, now I have all my gear set. And I can't wait to sail again,is just that windsurfing is the oxigen that I need to be alive. I am in Brooklyn,I don't have a car and I don't care (if I have to put all my gear on the subway... I WILL) What I am looking for is for friends in the area that also feel the same passion for this way of life that is the windsurf, and lets hang all togeder on the beach!!!!.... this is my e.mail : raydel.armas@armaswindsurf.com

I also don't know too much about the places 4 windsurf on, but the is clear that I can't move with my gears so far... so I went to Brihton Beach next to coney island, and the place don't look so bad, also is close to the subway (I DO AM GOING TO TAKE ALL MY GEAR ON IT) if there is some one that want to join!!! just let get in touch!!!..

l_d6c6aa39ad6c789af602c2fc7f967c35.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.4 KB
 Viewed:  13100 Time(s)

l_d6c6aa39ad6c789af602c2fc7f967c35.jpg

l_bb87c6b1f190dbc02e4190442115f8bc.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.53 KB
 Viewed:  13100 Time(s)

l_bb87c6b1f190dbc02e4190442115f8bc.jpg

cagjr21150

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your post says you came to USA 7 months ago. And then you escaped Cuba by windsurfing to Florida in 2004. Where and what did you do between escaping Cuba and arriving in the US?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: