myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Upper cape cod windsurfing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sundowner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Upper cape cod windsurfing Reply with quote

I found a site guide detailing cape spots. It's great, but what I really want to know is where all the people are! Are lots of people out this year? What are the major spots? Any good flatwater near falmouth? I'm new to the cape so any information is greatly appreciated.
Serbu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Bruce
phazer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: cape cod windsurf or kite Reply with quote

Hot spots are West Dennis, Kalmus for SE to SW and Chapin for NW to NE wind and Corporation for WNW. Falmouth for SW to NW.
sundowner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, sorry ya got the wrong dude. mr brucie is a regular celebrity on this forum, never seen anything like it. check this out... http://forums.iwindsurf.com/viewtopic.php?t=14244&start=15. talk about going on a tangent.

Thanks for info phazer. Whats the best area for flatwater blasting? I'm looking for an easy going spot to start out with. Are there any falmouth spots that get regular use? Basically I'm just looking for a spot to practice my gibes where there is a regular frequency of fellow windsurfers... not lookin for the swell just yet. Wink
Number-nine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sundowner:

The buzards bay side of Falmouth can be quite rough for most of the good wind directions. Check With Jim B at Sailworld and he my be able to tell you some smooth crusing locals in BB.

On the nantucket sound side there are some big bays that may be nice. I have never gone there but I hear waquoit bay works in SW-s winds.

Kalmus in hyannis is quite popular and good for cruising, but a longer drive.

On the west side of BB Neds Point in mattaposite is also popular.

Hope that helps
speedysailor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: cape cod windsurf or kite Reply with quote

phazer wrote:
Hot spots are West Dennis, Kalmus for SE to SW and Chapin for NW to NE wind and Corporation for WNW. Falmouth for SW to NW.
Those are the tourist's spots, popular for sure.
Peter Kimball Access is very difficult at Waquoit Bay. Falmouth sites at Buzzard's Bay as you stated can be disasterous for the unskilled. The vineyard sound side going to South Cape in Mashpee can be equally as difficult given the tidal currents and chop. The Lower Cape would be the place for jerks like Sundowner, but they invariably think they are better at this sport than they actually are and will end up struggling with the elements more often than the wise.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: cape cod windsurf or kite Reply with quote

seedysailor wrote:
...for jerks like Sundowner, but they invariably think they are better at this sport than they actually are...

Brucie, since you mentioned jerks, why must you be so pompous and offensive?

. . . . . . . . . . . . Confused
phazer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's not to windy 15-20 range Kalmus and W.dennis (at the very end of the parking lot by the jetty, but it is shallow. great for Kites) You can also sail in Hyannis Harbor from the back side of Kalmus beach out of season, but beware of the ferrys they have right of way. If your up for the drive Pleasure Bay in Orleans is good for N-NE.
sundowner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: cape cod windsurf or kite Reply with quote

Thanks for the all the info guys. I find it really hard to practice jibing in rough water and on the big days buzzards bay gets too rough to me. Tuesday and Wednesday are suppose to be windy, see ya guys out there! Mr brucie; ya got to chill man! I don't got beef with ya, but the fact that everyone else does is hilarious, actually o wait...

speedysailor wrote:

The Lower Cape would be the place for jerks like Sundowner, but they invariably think they are better at this sport than they actually are..

looks like I do got beef with you now.
sundowner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, I take it back. Peace and love! fair winds mr. brucie, I'll be the jerk throwing a back above your head.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: