myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WAVE sailing in Marin
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevinkan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

count me in for tuba/limantour too! i've only sailed at Limantour once... I had never been there, and there were two other sailors who had gone out earlier, but disappeared quickly upwind b/f I could get on the water. It was super windy... I was getting blown off a 3.7 and 62l wave board. I was essentially sailing by myself which was making me feel uneasy. Would definitely welcome some company there!
nealpar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take some paparazzi with you when you guys go!!!

I mean, it would be great to see some photos if a group of you goes. Sounds beautiful up there. Let us wind deprived So.Cal. people salivate with envy.......As long as none of you become white shark meal.... Shocked Laughing
Hodad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Palo Reply with quote

One thing that has not been mentioned about palo is the poison oak on the trail it can get real bad. I sailed there a lot about 15 years ago and I would say it's best at about a 4' and higher tide with a west or southwest swell. NW Wind is side to side on. If wind has to much north in it , it gets gusty inside . We use to try and keep this spot a secret but with the decline in windsurfers I don't think crowds will be a problem. Have fun
Mike
pduff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Palo Reply with quote

On a relatively high tide, Palo offers a pretty decent looking wave. Given NW or WNW winds, it would be a great sailing site. A buddy and I went out there last spring to give it a shot, but, the poison oak was so thick, there was no way to schlep your gear and keep clear of the stuff---with just a surfboard, you could probably do it, but, with windsurf gear, it would be difficult at best. However, every year is different, and the poision oak could have suffered a die-back or some saint may have cut it back to improve access. I will certainly try again this spring.

Pat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: