myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Web cam at the Rio Viento RV Resort

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaron1234

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I installed and maintain the webcam at rio viento. You need to goto java.com and download the free player for the cam to work properly. The cam gets alot of traffic so occasionally you will just get a black screen if too many people are viewing it at the same time. I'll be installing a much better cam up there in September when I get back from Brazil. If you like the current cam the new one will blow you away. Razz Were going to get the cam hosted for additional bandwidth so it will be able to support multiple users with out causing problems. Hope this helps.
Aaron
noshuzbluz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got it !
thanks!

Arrgh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The owners of Rio Viento have nothing to do with the webcam, except to provide the site. I'm not sure who aaron1234 works for; you might try contacting the people at RVWA.
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Aaron1234 for handling the River webcam. I really appreciate being able to check the fog pattern out there before deciding whether to drive over. I can't wait for you to upgrade it. The Exploritorium webcam has given us a taste of what a good webcam can do. Soon, we'll be able to watch windsurfing on the river (when we can't be there)!
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, even though I have Java installed and permitted by Firefox, I cannot get the Rio Viento web cam site to activate. Perhaps there is more of a problem than you suspect. Can you please look into it (before September)?
aaron1234

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cam is currently down. I do however have a new much better cam to install up there I just need to get the time to get it done. I'm also getting the coyote web cam up on Saturday. It'll be up on the boardsports school website so look for it. The new camera is going to be completely sick with full optical zoom and ptz controls. Its going to be redirected to a server that is designed to handle streaming video so it will literally be able to support thousands of users viewing it at once without slowing it down. The other good news is that Rio Viento has installed a wind generator so there may be a way to mount the camera higher. I'll keep you posted.
Arrgh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Aaron.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: