myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Floaters at Leo???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sharkasm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Floaters at Leo??? Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by sharkasm on Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Give Us Water Quality Warnings Reply with quote

Thanks for mentioning one of the many sewage spills recently. Isn't there a requirement that our rivers and beaches be tested occasionally? Isn't there a requirement that a warning be issued by posting at the shoreline when it becomes known that the water quality endangers our health? Could iWindsurf be used to quickly broadcast a warning signal when water quality is determined to be dangerous at a particular location? Will windsurfing and kiting association leaders take up this issue with the local water quality authorities and park managers and let them know some good ways to warn us? We can't be apathetic about water polution. When you hear that going into the water is dangerous, please post it on this forum as soon as possible. Use a short subject heading that gives a concise alert about the location.
gregorvass

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it is much more important to harass the people who are trying to have some fun in the surf.......Did you not know that?????????????????????
dabull1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Sailin' the Tidybow !!!l Reply with quote

And you guys were worried about a little seaweed!!! Oy vay!!!! Bull
theq

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Sailin' the Tidybow !!!l Reply with quote

dabull1 wrote:
And you guys were worried about a little seaweed!!! Oy vay!!!! Bull

I knew that the big kelp bloom of '08 was triggered by some man-made event(?). It's bad enough that someone's been watering the seaweed, but adding fertilizer must be stopped!

Windy-the-Pooh, aka theQ
jp5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On thursday I thought conditions were kinda shitty compared the usual. Now I know why. Shocked

I'm feeling ill, can I sue?? Wink
nealpar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, (Sunday), I sailed Broadbeach. (I wasn't feeling well enough to handle County line on 65% lung capacity due to remnants of the flu), and also wasn't in the mood for Leo. Broadbeach was surprisingly nice........sandy bottom, clean water. Did I mention SANDY BOTTOM? I mean, how nice is that these days? Zuma near the Trancas market drain isn't clean, but upwind at Broadbeach it's fine.

It was a little scary being out there all alone, and honestly, I did keep passing these big things.....dark things, offwhite things....beneath me, as I was looking down in the beatiful turquoise/dark blue water..... I was conservative with my turns, let's just put it that way......no time to be learning any new tricks......But it's such a beautiful place to sail....
jwajack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nealpar wrote:
It was a little scary being out there all alone, and honestly, I did keep passing these big things.....dark things, offwhite things....beneath me, as I was looking down in the beatiful turquoise/dark blue water..... I was conservative with my turns, let's just put it that way......no time to be learning any new tricks......But it's such a beautiful place to sail....

Entertainment lawyers with second homes on Broadbeach?
jp5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now Trancas:

3/19/08 1:07 PM - Trancas Beach Malibu [in front of Trancas Creek]
100 yards on both sides from the point of discharge to the ocean. Post signs at creek, 50 yards, and 100 yards on both sides of the point of discharge to the ocean. Mad

Sharks or Poo, take your pick.
sharkasm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by sharkasm on Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: