myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Anyone sail the gorge east wind today 1-17-08?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andymc4610

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Anyone sail the gorge east wind today 1-17-08? Reply with quote

If so was it any good? How about tomorrow? It's been a couple months and I am jones'n. might do Rooster or stevenson monday (presidents day) for a quick lunch time session.
jedi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: 1-17-08 Reply with quote

I sailed stevenson from 2-4 and it was a solid 4.8. Tommorow should be more wind. the air was warm enough for no gloves, the water makes your hands hurt though if you fall. I recommend sailing tommorow, i'll be going for sure. ... Derek
WMP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Stevenson east winds Reply with quote

Wind pattern at Stevenson was way outta the north early yesterday.... easliy 3.7 on the Oregon side, alright swell up by the channel marker, but 5.2 on Wash side.... then wind shifted in the afternoon to 4.7 - 5.2 conditions but not much swell. I sailed very powered and relaxed at noon with a 4.2, although I stayed on the Oregon side.

Today is looking much better at Stevenson ... wind has filled shore-to-shore with easily 3.7 - 4.2 conditions right now, probably will go higher..... Rooster might be a bit over the top today.
andymc4610

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks windy....thanks for the info...wish i could have made it from PDX...always being held down by the man.

image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.96 KB
 Viewed:  12186 Time(s)

image.jpg

River-Lizard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I was sailing with WMP and didn't even know it. Yesterday I was on a 5.1 & 87L board... seemed perfect. Ditto to what everyone else said, temps fine accept on the hands, but it was still a great day. Today looks insane, but I bet there's a few resolute souls out there!
bobgatpdx1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good turn out at Rooster on Sunday - about 10 of us out there. I was on 4.7m for a while, then the wind really came up. Water was cold, but very comfortable with the warm air temp.
bobg

IMG_3828_svga.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  274.51 KB
 Viewed:  12151 Time(s)

IMG_3828_svga.jpg

andymc4610

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In today's oregonian by John Givot, sailor unknown?

c1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.32 KB
 Viewed:  12113 Time(s)

c1.jpg

WMP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a pic that captured the moment... looks like it was taken later on in the afternoon when the wind backed off, end of sesh.... no spray. Also, would have been nice to see a wider angle with the snowy mt. peaks. Oh well... guess it filled some space on the paper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: