myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Ice report Lake Quannapowitt?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lexflyer wrote:
...speedysailor (real name seems to be Robert Bruce Swift)...

Don't forget the "Jr."

lexflyer wrote:
But Pueno/Oneup, why constantly comment on his posts in an off-topic manner?

The thrill of the hunt (or is it the hound?).

lexflyer wrote:
Who are you?

That IS a question, isn't it? In fact, I have only one alias (or close variations thereof). You might enjoy knowing that The Swift One offered a reward on Goggle for my identity. I asked him how much he'd pay, but the guy never responded. Imagine that!

lexflyer wrote:
By being constantly associated with Brucie, sorry but I have to wonder if you're just another of his aliases...

The notion is interesting and must be annoying to Brucie -- and that, too, is interesting.

lexflyer wrote:
...but disturbing and distracting otherwise...

And I apologize for the distractions. I do not intend to disrupt, but sometimes medicine has side effects.
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too weird for me. Next topic. (twilight zone music: do do do do do....)
mogunn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lexflyer wrote:
I'm guilty of helping to drag this thread off topic, but this is so weird and also annoying that I felt I had to respond.

This ain't church so might as well park your guilt at the door. Wink

Weird and annoying well describe speedysailor and his many mutations who're like a colony of rodents in the cellar that multiplies at warp speed.
Though "Brucie" and family are close kin to the dormouse (pardon my French), around here he's (they're) simply the house mouse. Smile

Lighten up...this isn't psychology, it's windsurfing. Rumor has it Brucie actually participates in the sport! (when not skating on thin ice)

Shocked

spyder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coyotewindsurf wrote:

Weird and annoying well describe speedysailor and his many mutations who're like a colony of rodents in the cellar that multiplies at warp speed.
Shocked

nothing more perfect ! excellent ! 5 stars!

makes me want to draw something...hehe Laughing
lexflyer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Trolling Reply with quote

pueno wrote:
Brucie, if anybody knows trolls, it's you. Your 35+ windsurfing aliases constitute the biggest collection of offensive trolls known.

Speedysailor posts under too many aliases, but at least his posts are generally on topic. Pueno, if you think you're fighting a troll, you're wrong. At best, you're feeding one. You're probably the biggest troll in this forum. You never post on topic, you always just bait Brucie. You may find Brucie's posts annoying, but that's not a reason to continually stalk and harass him on the web. What does he do to you? You're the one disrupting threads, IMO.

Alex
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Trolling Reply with quote

lexflyer wrote:
You're probably the biggest troll in this forum.

I'll keep your thoughts in mind the next time The Swift One lashes out.
lexflyer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Flaming Reply with quote

I personally think that if someone is flamed in a forum, it's best to not respond to it publicly, but take it up with whoever runs the board and in private with the poster. And hell, maybe even call the poster on the phone if you can dig up their number, but don't respond to a flame with a flame. If posters are incorrigible, then no one should talk to them, they may get the message some time. But don't respond to a flame with a flame, especially in a public forum.
mogunn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Laughing so hard I peed Reply with quote

lexflyer wrote:
I personally think that if someone is flamed in a forum, it's best to not respond to it publicly, but take it up with whoever runs the board and in private with the poster. And hell, maybe even call the poster on the phone if you can dig up their number, but don't respond to a flame with a flame. If posters are incorrigible, then no one should talk to them, they may get the message some time. But don't respond to a flame with a flame, especially in a public forum.

You're obviously a person with high moral standards and a sensitive nature. That's certainly (in Brucie speak, prabably) a good thing. I must admit that reading your last post made me laugh just hard enough to pee a little. Laughing Unfortunately I wasn't in my wetsuit at the time. Crying or Very sad
And crap, I didn't know this was a public forum. Wink

Relax, incorrigible posters will never be reformed. I know I won't! Cool
Go windsurfing, kiteboarding or skatesailing or snowkiting to your heart's content and try not to take anyting you read here too seriously.

You've been here since 2001. I can hardly believe you're just now getting around to indignation.

spyder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Flaming Reply with quote

lexflyer wrote:

uh, easy to armchair critic dealing with someone like mr. brucie. I've dealt with this guy for years, and no matter what you do, he will be what he is...a troll. we now have fun with him....as for pueno, I certainly enjoy having pest control, and he does a good job IMHO. I can't speak for the others, but if it was a problem, they would complain to staff...but to my knowledge there aren't any.

put it this way, iW and iK forums are moderated, and are under reasonable control...nothing's perfect, and overall the forum is pretty good. occasional virus, troll, rat are encountered...but it wouldn't be the internet if they weren't there..it's like spam...you just have to live with it.
Wink

ps. "call the poster on the phone if you can dig up their number" ???!!! geez dude, are you a stalker ? I had a guy look me up and call me at home from a post a few years old...it was weird, and had me wanting to call the cops asap.
lexflyer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Responding to a troll with trollish behavior just perpetuates an endless flame war. Sure, the forums go on in spite of it. Some people will just ignore it (smart), post less or not at all. Most people aren't too amused by the flame war.

In this thread, Speedy's posts were fine and on topic, the troll is clearly Pueno, with a post that was just personal attack on Speedy. I'm glad Pueno is concerned about Speedy's mother (Rolling Eyes) but do we really care about that in a thread about ice conditions? He can express his concern in a PM.

SkateSailor had to start a new thread to get back to the original topic of this thread and that is partly my fault, but since Pueno started the drift, giving Speedy more attention than he deserves, I decided to continue it.

Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: