myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Wow... look what's on tee-vee!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WMP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Wow... look what's on tee-vee!! Reply with quote

Wow, I saw this ad for televisions just now and suddenly realized pic was shot right here in Home Valley.... brings back some warm thoughts of long summer sailing. Meanwhile... it's dumping snow right now and I-84 is closed in both directions.
Temira

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wanted to get some pictures windsurfing in the snow today, but the wind isn't cooperating. Only 15mph in Stevenson, and I don't have light wind gear. Bummer. Would have been cool (no pun intended).

Guess I'll have to hope for snow in the post-frontal westerlies tomorrow.

=)

Temira
WMP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Winter in the Gorge Reply with quote

Looks like the white stuff will stick around gorge sites for awhile... got 10" here so far at 1000' and it's coming down 2" an hour, fast & furious, hope temps will break the freezing barrier next few days so I can get a few good pics and some winter TOW.
WMP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my workout for the day... I'll be ready for Tuesday, maybe?
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile, the gloves/hood/booties brigade have been enjoying days of hard wind (they closed the freeway to oversize loads) and clear blue skies out east with (air) temps in the 40s ... balmy by winter standards. Sure it eats gas, but it beats not sailing if ya don't mind 37-degree water.

\m/
WMP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eileen wrote:
I'd love to see some pics of the river with snowy banks.

Skiied to the top of Wind Mountain yesterday....

Dog Mtn. trail from last year....

Need more wind to take pics of windsurfing in the white stuff here.... maybe next couple days?
WMP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pure original pics, right outta the 1.99 disposable camera I got from the grocery store.

Awright... I lied. Those are done with my little ol' point & shoot Olympus, clustered 7 pics into one then squeeeeeeezed together. Olympus has got some cool software to bring the panorama pics together. Oh yeah, added a little fun from photoshop too.... that finger smudge tool is great.

No shortage of great scenes here in the Gorge... although winter is quite the challenge since it never stops raining/snowing during a season like this one.... just wish we had more WIND!!
geohaye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind-blowing photos ('shopped' or not)! Thank you for sharing them with us. Do so again any time...
gmclean

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to know more about the skiing. Was there enough snow for turns on the way down? Driving by in the winter it looks like there would be some fun skiing north of wind mountain. Not sure what those peaks are called but when there is snow they look good.
WMP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Gorge snow Reply with quote

Plenty of snow to cover everything on Sunday / Monday, but a bit too mushy by the time I got up there. Turns were a bit difficult because of the melting snow, but I only hit 1 tree on the very fast trail down. Timing is everything here in the gorge... if you go up during the real dry powder, the skis will sink to the ground (not good), if you wait until snow melts, it's real hard to turn. Best time is when there's 6"-8" fresh powder over an old crusty frozen layer. I've heard someone recommend Table Mountain for backcountry skiing, but I've never been there.

What's the wind pattern looking like for tomorrow, George? Will it be best in the central or out east?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: