myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
3 waves sites for Saturday?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: 3 waves sites for Saturday? Reply with quote

3 good wave sites for saturday in a NE. I can't decide which one to go to. Where is everyone else going?

Chapin- good until 1:30 or 2, if the best wind is late there is always Mayflower, NE is really fun there but the waves never get very big or well formed.

The cut- outgoing tide all afternoon makes me a little nervous, especially if I'm by myself. Maybe I could launch from Scatteree, try the new cut, so I have more room to swim if I have a break down. Port tack jump isn't my best side. Waves can get plenty big and nice.

Scarborough- great in NE, as long as best wind isn't on outer Cape, port tack jump isn't my best side. Waves can get plenty big and nice.

Also, I heard some guys were out at Green Harbor last Saturday and that the waves were smooth. I've never sailed there but it could be nice. I've sailed right next door at Duxbury ocean side but I think Green Harbor has a slightly different orientation, more side or side-off in NE. I wouldn't go alone though.
davideg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheres green harbor?
it seems like theres no swell this weekend though

JohnnyA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:52 pm    Post subject: Rhody-Town beach / bonview Reply with quote

don't overlook gansett/town beach or behind the Bonview, both spots can be real good depending on swell, and wind direction although usually works on a N or NE, launching from the dirt road to the right of the Bonview and sailing downwind to the Pt. judith light house is a blast especially when there is a swell, have fun and hit the lip
scooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Harbor is right next door to Duxbury Beach, due North I guess. It's almost the same location, I think.

I've never tried Narragansett Beach or Bayview. I'm not even sure where Bayview is, although I've heard of it. It sounds like it must be between Scarborough and the lighthouse. Also, someone recently described Naragansett as having an offshore reef effect with no shorebreak. I would have expected it to be similar to Scarborough but now I'm wondering. Do you know if that's accurate? An offshore reef or sandbar sounds like fun.

Anyway it looks like the best wind might be out on the Cape tommorow so I'll probably hit Chapin or the cut. I might be able to use my favorite sail, 4.2!
davideg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll probably be hittin 1st beach, trying to get the most out of the (no) waves. If looks bad, Pt Judith
scooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice blog, by the way. 1st beach in NE is side-off? How up and down are the winds on a typical NE day? I know you said they were crazy up & down last saturday but that was exceptional. Even clean winds had a 20 mph spread that day, at least where I was.

I'm off to Chapin.
Dunoyer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooper, how was it?

Jean
scooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapin was nice! The water was pretty smooth out in the waves, even though the waves weren't all that big. After the wind picked up I was on my smallest stuff- 3.5 on 85 liters. If it's going to keep blowing like this then I've got to get a smaller board.

I didn't stop sailing until 3:15. I can't figure out why the tide didn't run out sooner. I could have sailed a little longer even. It was still waist deep in many places inside the sandbar when I stopped. That was 4 hours after high tide. Doesn't make sense.

There was a nice crew there, although everyone cleared out way before they had to. I don't know if they were cold or just didn't want to mess around with the low water. It was all speed runs at the end, inside the sandbar. Did you get out?
Dunoyer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooper:

I am recovering from knee surgery. I had some torn cartilege removed... middle age... Next year, I want to keep in touch and sail the cut with you.

Jean
scooper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, sounds good! Good luck with the recovery. Middle age, me too, we've got to sail waves while we still can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: