myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Stonington, CT meter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dforstmann

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Stonington, CT meter Reply with quote

Anyone know what ever happened with the meter that was supposed to be installed in Stonington? I was pleasantly surprised to find it blowing 20 from the WSW yesterday even though Ninigret was around 10. It would be nice to gete readings there instead of having to guess.
DrWind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it is really bad we do not have a meter in Stonington. Maybe one can be set up over in Westerly or at the least one down in Watch Hill.

I have been a member of iWindsurf and Wind Hot Line for many years and I have not seen one single Weatherflow meter added on the CT Coastline. Still a lot of uncovered terrain / water.

Areas needed:
Stonington Pt
Old Saybrook/Old Lyme
rthomas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: another vote for additional CT meters Reply with quote

Here's another vote for some additional meters at Stonington and the Old Lyme (Crescent Bay) areas. With the iWindsurf subscription costs going up and the H/W costs for metering going down, shouldn't this be possible?
These are 2 great sailing spots, but it's hard to get a good sense of the wind there from the Lighthouse Pt, Hammonasset, and Ninigret meters.
dforstmann

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: stonington meter Reply with quote

It really is a feeble effort on the part of iW. I've been a member since the early 90s. Way before internet. They've been jerking our chain about this for a decade now but zero action. At one point the pitch was to refer members & they would get the meter done. I did. They didn't. Now none of the Stonington regulars use them anymore. Of course now that weatherflow has the big-boat crowd and the kiters they probably don't care.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: