myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
La Ventana Wi-Fi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pablomerc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: La Ventana Wi-Fi Reply with quote

Looking for an on-site status report on Kevin's Wi-Fi at the LV CG. Anyone there now using it? Working as well (or better) than last season? I'll be heading that way around Nov 1st and just seeking assurance that I'll be connecting and web surfing just like last winter.

Any feedback much appreciated! And, hoping it's windier down there this season! Gracias amigos, Rob(erto)
SamD0g

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an e-mail from someone staying in the campground that there was "no reliable internet near by". This was last week. And another friend said another friend staying at the campground said the internet was not working. These are just rumors but I have only received one email from friends staying at the campground so far.
rlshirey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: WiFi Up and Running Reply with quote

I got an email from Kevin, today, saying the WiFi network is up and running. Very Happy
sharkasm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Progress??? Reply with quote

Very Happy

Last edited by sharkasm on Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
pablomerc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: A-OK Reply with quote

Okay, arrived here at the LV CG on 11/08 - up and running on Kevin's Wi-Fi the next morning. Working for me the same as last year. There are now apparently 18+ repeaters installed to cover the entire LV/ES area!

Note that his customers have varied experiences with the service depending on the quality of their network adapter, it's location in their campsite and the campsite's location in the CG. As for me, I'm satisfied with the service (so far). Sorry, don't have stats to report.

Rob(erto)
mikeatBBV

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Website Reply with quote

I found a site for the wifi, its working great for me, but bring an external USB Adaptor and cable if you want reception anywhere.

http://www.laventanawifi.com/

Mike
faradroka1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this still working? I'm heading down in January and need some WiFi. Is there access at the Campground?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been in the LV campground two weeks and have found nobody using Kevin's WiFi. Many using Pablo's from south campground but signal is weak. Have heard that Kevin has legal problems locally since a fallout with Pablo. I've resurrected my satellite internet system and some campers want to share that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: