myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
reactor bar in carry-on?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srr37

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: reactor bar in carry-on? Reply with quote

Will I have any issues with my harness in my carry on bag at airport security? flyin standby /not checking luggage
forwards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've carried my dakine harness with reactor bar attached to the outside of a carry-on backpack multiple times and have not had any problems.
pacspeed

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Hiding in plain sight is the way to go. If its wrapped up in a t-shirt, and stuffed in the bottom of the bag, it might arouse suspicions, but if your harness is on the outside (I wrap it around the pack, takes up the least volume and keeps it's shape) they usually dont even notice it's a separate item from your luggage.

Not to say that you couldn't whip it off there and hand out some beatdowns if you wanted to...guy who kept barfing in a sack right in my ear on my last flight through Houston...you know who you are....
srr37

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pacspeed wrote:

Not to say that you couldn't whip it off there and hand out some beatdowns if you wanted to...

haha- reactor factor beatdowns
thx guys
rickp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: How'd it work out? Reply with quote

Need to do this myself and wondering if carrying-on your reactor bar worked out okay. thx, rickp
LAWLER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: NON-REACTIVE Reply with quote

Just returned from sailing in Venezuela, had zero problems with reactor bar in my carry on, not even with forgetting that my knife was in the pouch of the harness, though I wouldn't try it on purpose. The knife made it all the way to Margarita before i found out I had it.
LAWLER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: NON-REACTIVE Reply with quote

Just returned from sailing in Venezuela, had zero problems with reactor bar in my carry on, not even with forgetting that my knife was in the pouch of the harness, though I wouldn't try it on purpose. The knife made it all the way to Margarita before i found out I had it.
andymc4610

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that's just great, now the terrorists know to carry on a harness so they can get there knives on board. hopefully homeland security is following this message board (which I am sure they are) and shut it down before it's to late. LOL
Wavelover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do between 3-5 windsurfing trips a year. Some years ago my louge with my harness was 4 days delayd, after that experiance I allways have my harness in my carry on.
andymc4610

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why you couldn't just wear it on as a belt with a fancy belt buckle....a texan would be proud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: