myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Accidents at the Hatch?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimoakes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 10:52 AM
I'm on my way to the Hatch to observe my RTR ( right to rip)

Let me just comment on the Coast Guard rule that says:

"in the case of a square-rigged vessel"

I promise to watch out for square-rigged vessels.
sailworksman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimoak wrote:
It's 10:52 AM
I'm on my way to the Hatch to observe my RTR ( right to rip)

I'll meet ya there, but watch out I'm CUFB (coming up from below)

Wink
blireef

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy After all this I can't really help but think that almost everyone out there know the rules, especially the one about trying to avoid contact with others, and the people who are most active on this thread know them very well..
WMP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, all that needs to happen is for folks to modify their sailing style. Fortunately, I've come up with a new jibe move called 'The BAF Swatter' aka: 'The BAF Zapper' Shocked . The move promises to make the Hatch a more exciting place to sail.
heidi924ron

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THINK THE WHOLE "SWELL RIDING THING IS KIND OF PLAYED OUT. ESPECIALLY AT THE HATCH. WHEN THERE'S SWELL...IT'S CROWDED! SO WHY DO THE WHOLE "SOUL SEARCHER" RIDE ACROSS THE PATHS OF SO MANY. YOUR NOTHING BUT IN THE WAY!! OH' AND IT'S PRETTY BORING TO WATCH. WHEN I GO TO THE HATCH I WANT TO SEE THE INSANE BIG AIR FORWARDS,BACKS, AND KICK ASS PUSH LOOPS. THE FREESTYLE MOVES THAT ARE BLOWIN WINDSURFING UP THESE DAYS IN THE JIBATORIUM AND ALL OVER THE WORLD! IF YOU WANT TO WAVE RIDE GO TO THE COAST OR TO SOME SECRET SPOT OUT EAST AND FIND YOUR SOUL SOMEWHERE LESS CROWDED.

RON
westender

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA HA. THAT'S FUNNY.
scorcoran6328

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: The right way of right-of-way Reply with quote

Two years ago I was sailing late season at Rowena. On the reach back to the Oregon side the glare off the water made it learny impossible to see anything. Those of you who sail at Dougs and Rowena know what I am talking about. I came upon a fellow in the water. When I was able to see him he was only about 10 meters ahead of me. I beared off and clipped the tip of his mast. I immediately came about and plopped down in the water next to him to check if anything was damaged. Everything looked fine and we were cool. When I was taking a break he found me at my van and pointed out that his mast was cracked. We approached the issue like gentlemen. I immediately rerigged and gave him mine, which was about two weeks old.

Earlier that season I was at the hatchery upwind of some guy who launched out of swell. The wind had dropped and he had trouble getting back up wind. First he was ahead of me but he waspointing as high as he could. About the middle of the river we came together and had near miss. He stayed on his board. I yelled back that I did not see him since he was down wind of me. I thought about who over took whom. The board being overtaken has the right of way. IT turns out he is "likes-to-fight-guy" and follows me in. I don't see him and he slams his board into mine and comes after me. Cooler heads prevailed. He was pissed because a friend of his was run over and put out for the season. He made it back to Swell. Hh stopeed at the hatchery to apologize and I gave him a beer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: