myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN AT CABRILLO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nealpar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, I mean to quote the other part. oops.
theq

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Rowena, I've been told that I put the "Q" in peculiar. Now where the heck is that "Q"? I hear it but I can't see it. Oh, the tricks of this blasted language!

Warped? Yes, my sense of humor has been called that. I've certainly found kindred sorts here on iwindsurf. Now, please pass windoggie's stash. Wait, apparently someone did "pass" windoggie's stash. Nasty.

All kidding aside, yes, Leo is that place with the big rock(s) that eat surfers, and the fins of windsurfers, for breakfast. Of course these entres are preceded by a sampler plate of toe appetizers, nicely peeled and tenderized to perfection on the way out. Yes, it's still called "Sequis"/"Secos", named for the waterway, Arroyo Sequit (Now there's that tricky "q" again. This time I can see it but not hear it!), that runs at the upper end of the park.

Never fear Helen. Your brothers, Castor and Pollux, will save you, despite having to overcome their own affliction of figleaficus disfigurus. Since this disease is genetic, it's probably better that these boys were unlikely to father any children. At least it looks that way to me. Admittedly, it may have been the sculptor who added his own "flavor" to the poses. You'll have to find the connection yourselves.

Perhaps I am a bit peculiar? I'll reflect on that once I get to the Leo Carillo gazing pool.

Ladies, step away from that "zoom" button.

(Edited to correct spelling before the lurking spell-checker catches up to me. Whew, that was close!)

Castor and Pollux.jpg
 Description:
Truly, it's all new to me. Thanks Wikipedia.
 Filesize:  13.26 KB
 Viewed:  11068 Time(s)

Castor and Pollux.jpg

Last edited by theq on Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
cbknap

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: failed humor will have to wait Reply with quote

rowena wrote:
you’ve no doubt been slumbering (and drooling) on a ratty old sofa somewhere points south, midst empty pizza boxes and Tecate cans, spent hash pipes and bongs

you've got it all wrong, Rowena, (except for the drooling).

I sleep in my car. It's littered with wine bottles (Tecate? please!), smells like a wetsuit that someone peed in, and that vaguely rotten rodent smell is from a chewed-up mouse some Cabrillo kitty buried in my sail bag while I was rigging.

And speaking of that....time to rig (at least at Cabrillo)!
jp5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Tecate please? Reply with quote

Some of us Gay, soft bellied, old farts like Tecate.

una mas por favor Cool
rowena

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An excellent First Round of the Hilarity Challenge, clearly won by the eloquent-as-usual TheQ. Dude, simply put, we ran him out of town. (He says, “It's time to rig”, but it’s only blowing 10 at Cabrillo!) Was it the verbal jousting, or the art?

Methinks Monsieur cbknap, as in “Knappy Headed Hos” (It was HIS “Fro pick” after all, not Fradge’s.) has simply realized the futility of taking on the Leo Carrillo WSers.

Mr. McKnap, the description of your lifestyle is disgusting. You need a girlfriend. Any takers? I’ll put up a sign at the top of the stairs.

TheQ…The World Wants to Know---Is the “Q” for Quarks, or the rock group “Queen” perhaps?

Did Rowena mention she viewed Freddy Mercury’s statue in Montreux, Switzerland in early August? Freaky! But I digress… (Uh,oh. Speaking about yourself in the third person is a VERY bad sign---bring on the pain meds!)

As to your Wikipedia-lifted illustration of the poseurs, TheQ... It was truly the final salvo that forced us into the winner’s circle, and I am forever in your debt.

I couldn't get the Zoom button to work, so I put on my XTRA magnifying reading glasses.

Peace out

Cool Razz Question Idea Sad Very Happy
dabull1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Here we go again! THANKS cbknap! Reply with quote

Splanation... First, the funniest thing at Cabrillo is the wind. Zample, first races in 12 years at Hurricane Gulch are held in raging 6 to 15 knots of holy[!] wind, I could swim faster than I was sailing that day!' Nother, Saturday, wind was going in circles, I was literally sailing parellel to the shore going upwind on a wave... YIKES!!! Next, Cabrillo sailors are better slalom stylers 'cause of all those little brown heads bobbing in the jibe zone make great inside marks, and the sailboats bearing down on you outside make it a jibe or die situation. But hey, the Leoites are jealous 'cause we get to rig on PCH and derig on the stairs, not on a lovely grass area among arromatic smoke from the carne asada and carnitas on the grills. But, I've got to say, probably from the lack of surf and absence of bat colonies[read kiters], the Cabrillo bunch are a hearty, friendly crew, as evidenced by how they adopted my Russian friend Ravil this past week. Hey jpbassking, they even have a bathouse at Cabrillo in which to meet new friends[reference the Castor/Pollux, George/ Theq statue which actually graces it's entrance]! And, correct me if I'm wrong , but I believe that the "Theq" moniker refers back to a Star Trek character who wore a strange, pillbox shaped hat[a bit more sophisticated than theWIND- SKUNKIE hat worn by our "Q"] regal robes, and insisted he was master of the universe. Dillusions of grandeur? Hell no, we have Helen of Troy incarnate sailing with us! May the force be with you, Obewon, er Bull
theq

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quarks? Queen? Hmmm....

That's it, I'm quitting my QWERTY Razz Does that make me seem rather quirky?

(For you huntin' peckers, or is that hunt 'n peckers (?), out there, the KEY to QWERTY is just above ASDFGH.)

Hey, what happened to our wind? I need to try out the effectiveness of my new Motrin and Tequila cocktail chased by a Tecate', treatment.

It look like the "hilarity" award is all we're going to get today, since there's no wind. Now that just isn't funny. Crying or Very sad
theq

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For daBull:

Look, yonder, I believe that I see a whitecap. I think I shall rig.

q-as-data.jpg
 Description:
Yes, I shall rig my 5.0.
 Filesize:  16.5 KB
 Viewed:  10383 Time(s)

q-as-data.jpg

rowena

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dabull, many thanks for exposing (hopefully not literally) TheQ as a character from Star Trek.

From Wikipedia, a daffynition...

Quote:
Q is a mischievous, seemingly omnipotent being who has taken an interest in humans.

Has he? Any particular ones?

Quote:
Q's power is limited only in that he cannot overcome others in the Q Continuum, and, like others of his "species," he has not demonstrated the ability to read the minds of sentient beings.

I would argue that he has.

Quote:
However, they can kill each other (as can non Q continuum members) if they have the right weapons.

Here comes the Da Kine Hook Knife!

Quote:
He also has a flair for the dramatic, with a mercurial personality that switches between a joking, camp style and a more ominous and even dangerous manner.

In a nutshell. I feel the danger every day!

P.S. Excellent scatalogical references in your recounting of experiences "sailing" at Cabrillo. However, it smells like (!) a resurrection of the "Dog Turds at Sherman Island" posts.
capetonian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice that because the wind is blowing at Cabrillo, only cbknap from the Cabrillo crew has bothered to post on this thread. I think Cabrillo wins this round, they are actually sailing.

I should have packed the slalom board and gone to Cabillo today! Sad Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: