myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN AT CABRILLO
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbknap

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN AT CABRILLO Reply with quote

AllRIGHTY my friends I am seriously concerned. Despite the apparent overwhelming awesomeness of our spot, if you read only this forum you would come to the misbegotten belief that Leo sailors
1) are funnier than us
2) have far superior access to hallucinogens
3) generally are wrapped way tighter.

Wait! Maybe that's it. You can go to Cabrillo almost any afternoon and sail your ass off. But at Leo....the skunk days fester until your mind turns dark and....

Just not sure so someone please 'splain it to me....

(honestly it's #1 that really bugs me...no wait it's #2 ..no..eeeeeek)
rowena

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. cbknap,

As a windsurfer at Leo, I'm offended. There's no way you're funnier than we are. Perhaps you need to define "funny".

Does that mean we're funny Peculiar, or funny Ha-Ha?

Some of us are:

1) Funny Peculiar (you know who you are)
2) Funny Ha-Ha
3) Combination of both.

Theq is definitely is #3, but shades to #1. Dabull is pretty much a straight up #3, as is JPBassking.

On the other hand, I'm totally normal.

I know windoggie has good hallucinogens, because he 'fessed up.

I'm probably "wrapped tighter" because my wetsuit's a LOT tighter since I've been buying Healthy Choice Low-fat Ice Cream Sandwiches in bulk at Costco.
theq

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Theq is definitely is #3, but shades to #1." Hey, I resemble that remark.

In all honesty, I've been called worse than "peculiar", but never anything that would be as brutal as being labeled less funny than a kiter. That would be more than devastating.

As far as access to hallucinogenics, well, they're all around us at the stairway at Leo, left as a Chumash legacy. I won't identify them, as it's better that the kiters don't know about it. That would make a sometimes dangerous situation even more so. That said, you really don't want to touch that stuff.

While we windsurfers may be considerably funnier, and better looking, than kiters (Traig may mess up the "funny" curve somewhat.), you guys are way beyond us in the posing category. Let's give credit where credit's due. Every move is a cover shot. I believe that someone posted something about the fact that kiters practice their craft while posing in the mirror. I don't know whether or not that's true. It may have just been an ugly rumor. Since it was a funny rumor, it must've been started by a windsurfer (I believe it was our own NP.) Razz

We're "wrapped tighter" because we all love each other so darn much that it makes me want to cry. In fact, I think I will Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
rowena

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theq,

Maybe it was a typo, and he means "warped tighter", meaning we achieve "warp speed" when we sail? (I know Billy does!)

Or warped like a piece of fine Brazilian hardwood seasoned by punishiing wind and rain over the years, twisted into a shape resembling a "Scoops" Frito?

Some, nay, all of my best friends are Peculiar, like you and daBull, and I wouldn't have them any other way.

One of the documented problems with kiters sailing in lighter winds is that the glassy surface of the water allows their reflection to be admired. So taken aback by their own beauty, they crash. Whereas we windsurfers are arming ourselves with knives, they have combs in the little pockets of their harnesses. Some, it is rumored, also carry mascara and lip gloss. Perhaps that's why I found a "'fro pick" on the beach last week, initially mistaken for a sea urchin.

Laughing Idea Question Exclamation Shocked Razz
nealpar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabrillo is a great place for beginner/intermediate windsurfers. Spent many happy days there before I was "good enough" to join the "pros" at Leo. As the sayin goes "Once you go "Leo", you can never go back".........that IS what the saying says, don' it?
rowena

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: A challenge perhaps? Reply with quote

Okay, the more I think of it, the more alarmed I am that this forum could be turned into a "Who's Funnier" or even a "Who's More Peculiar" contest. This is my message to you, Mr. cbknap and you Cabrillo people!

Quote:
You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts.

P.S. Windoggie's stash is under the stinky trashcan at the top of the stairs at Leo. It may smell like a dead sea gull mixed with weekold Subway pastrami sandwiches, but it's actually the perfume of the chemical soup that has been accumulating for decades! Windoggie's secret stash percolating with Chumash herb. TheQ smoked some of the local blend with a band of Chumash, as they together planned the construction of the Rainbow Bridge to Anacapa!

Rolling Eyes Embarassed Razz Confused Very Happy Idea Question Exclamation Laughing Shocked
cbknap

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: re: wryly funny replies Reply with quote

rowena: glad your head seems to have cleared, and don't worry, you've already won Most Peculiar.

nealpar: I thought the "pros" had driven you out of Leo and now you're taking the bus to ...'Further'.

Isn't that what started this whole thing?

CB

PS: it's not a windsurfer vs kiter thing....so take that somewhere else
rowena

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mr. cbknap, I appreciate the compliment. Being Peculiar is way cool, albeit mystifying....

I was wondering when you’d make your appearance. The early bird gets the worm!

While me, TheQ, Dabull and JPBassking have been sharpening our knives of satiric wit, you’ve no doubt been slumbering (and drooling) on a ratty old sofa somewhere points south, midst empty pizza boxes and Tecate cans, spent hash pipes and bongs, the TV set replaying the TiVo-d recording of the UCLA/Utah football blowout. (Or “Pulp Fiction” perhaps?)

I agree, no more kiting jokes, and let the games begin! However, it must be said that if we’re choosing teams for the Cabrillo vs. Leo Carrillo Funny Competition, we’ll have to get mkrasnoff out of hiding. He’s funny, and not as peculiar as TheQ.

P.S. Re: "glad your head cleared" How did you know I’m recovering from a 2-pain pill resistant Migraine? Are you psychic?

I'll leave you with this thought.

Quote:
For relief of migraine, Spanish-born physician Abulcasis, also known as Abu El Quasim, suggested application of a hot iron to the head or insertion of garlic into an incision made in the temple.

windoggi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: A challenge perhaps? Reply with quote

P.S. Windoggie's stash is under the stinky trashcan at the top of the stairs at Leo. It may smell like a dead sea gull mixed with weekold Subway pastrami sandwiches, but it's actually the perfume of the chemical soup that has been accumulating for decades! Windoggie's secret stash percolating with Chumash herb. TheQ smoked some of the local blend with a band of Chumash, as they together planned the construction of the Rainbow Bridge to Anacapa!

Hey...I'm from Berkeley....not socal. I've never sailed at Leo. Is Leo the place that used to be called Secos? With a rock in the lineup? I surfed there about thirty years ago if thats the if thats the spot all you hotheads call Leo. If you find my stash under that trashcan, help yourself. Share some with a kiter while you're at it. OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Berkeley was great yesterday...sposed to be good today too. And all of our kiters are housebroken and very well trained.
nealpar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: re: wryly funny replies Reply with quote

cbknap wrote:
nealpar: I thought the "pros" had driven you out of Leo and now you're taking the bus to ...'Further'.

Yeah, I'm your regular modern day Helen of Troy "de Leo Carrillo".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: