myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
9/13 - Boy did iWindsurf get the forcast wrong ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bkmugu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been sailing the gorge since 2000, from seatttle, and using iwindsurf. wind forcasting is pretty difficult and the forcast is a best guess at what will occur hours latter. i've been skunked once, when they give the two thumbs up at 7am. thats pretty damm good. this year by far has been the worst for steady winds, maybe global warming is changing the weather patterns. you want to give these guys alittle slack. see u at maryhill im on the 8.2 jp wave.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots, Windfind, and they highlight two disappointments:
1. Is the board shorts season really over? DANG but I enjoy the too-short season in which I can comfortably and safely sail in just shorts and a neoprene top.
2. If anyone had seen this coming, my van and gear would not be in the shop. I haven't seen wind in a week now, and time's gettin' short.

\m/
advgeek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question about yesterday is it seems like the sensors both at Swell City and the Event Site were reading quite a bit lower than what it felt like on the river?

The sensor at the Event Site was only reading 30 with gusts to 40. On the river, especially in the channel it felt like way more than that. I was having real trouble holding down my 3.7 and I weigh 225. Any guesses to max speed out on the river?

BTW, great photos Mike.
eflatminor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nature in control: weather models kind of missed the latest hurricane too. (Humberto).

t
windfind

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Photos of epic winds at the Hatch Reply with quote

I put this crude web site together to show photographs of what it was like at the Hatchery during the epic winds Sept 13th and to a certain degree Sept. 14th.

http://homepage.mac.com/windnotes/New%20Album/index.html

There are a few old photos thrown in. There are more photos at: http://windnotes.com/

Mike Godsey
iwindsurf.com/ikitesurf.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: