myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
classified ad scams
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andreas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Guys, it isn't a "he" that's scamming classified ads; it's much of the nation of Niger. Such scams are approved by its government, so it's been the primary source of income for many Nigerians ever since the internet his the scene (and probably longer). It's not called he "Nigerian Scam" for nothing.

\m/

Actually, Niger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger) is different from Nigeria(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria). I have to agree, though - the scam is getting kind of old. Just think of it as a pimple on the face of global connectedness...
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andreas wrote:
Niger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger) is different from Nigeria

THAT explains and resolves the nagging, vague doubt I had about my statement. I'd never had guessed that, so didn't think to Google them. Thanks.

\m/
billgfc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is nauseating

Mr Fedy (Fedi_br90@yahoo.ca) writes:
Godday,~nl~Am Fedy,I would like to know if your Board pasted on iwindsurf is still available forsale?.I am highly interested in purchasing it .Please kindly get back to me with your present condition , last price and pics for viewing.~nl~~nl~Why do you want to sell the board?.~nl~Payment will be delivered in a couple of days time.~nl~~nl~Tel: +44 702 405 1815~nl~E-mail: Fedi_br90@yahoo.ca~nl~Fedy.
wsmike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get these things, and have recently figured out a fun and vindicating way of dealing with them.

Answer their ad in very very poor broken english, in essence...fight fire with fire.

Example:
Quote:

"Yes, my wave is very bright and super happy! You will prosper smiles and many bliss. Prices is at hand right now, but pleases you to take it better than great!

Feel good and many high smashes!

Mike"

Its kind of like that old word game, Ad Lib from the '70s...more fun than telling them off in perfect english, which they probably don't understand anyway : )
wsmike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all this spam is coming from one person, or group, and it sure sounds like you can count on that as true....Why can't iWindsurf ban their IP from the site? I'm a web developer, and I know this can be done, especially if they are running their own server.

It sure would be nice.
blireef

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: good one Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by blireef on Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
blireef

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: classified scam Reply with quote

"many high smashes" That is really good and the funniest thing I've read on the internet since the one about "Boyles Law of thermal dynamics" if you never saw that one you missed out on a great story. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: