myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Weed and Wind report San Luis 9/9/07

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctuna

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Weed and Wind report San Luis 9/9/07 Reply with quote

Saw the 28mph in the morning and went for it. I got there about 10:30 the wind was dropping . Water level was at a high of 223.5 water up to the tree on the North side. The weed condition was about like last time know surface patches but 1 or 2ft clumps floating pretty far apart. The wind did not come up to solid plannable state till about 2 pm . It was gusty . I used a 5.8 most of the day . Tried a 5.2 and a wave board but there were to many holes to be solidly powered at 215lbs. Don't feel to bad about the choice since the only other place going was Sherman Island.
Arrgh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Weed and Wind report San Luis 9/9/07 Reply with quote

ctuna wrote:
Don't feel to bad about the choice since the only other place going was Sherman Island.

Huh?
goinoff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the report CTuna..The high water levels lately
are due to the fact that they are filling the upper res. again:

http://wwwoco.water.ca.gov/monthly/storage/storsanl.html

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryLonger?10864&end_date=10-Sep-2007+11:16

Can you get away with no weed fin yet?? I know I should own one
but...........
ctuna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: This condition seems persistant Reply with quote

When I was there a couple of weeks ago people with wave fins were coming in and putting on there weeds or weed waves. I don't think you would have any trouble with abrupt stops but if you hit a clump you would spin out or stop. I noticed that I had collected some stringers on the leading edged of my weedwave yesterday. Sherman Island as in the Delta looked like it was the only place else that was blowing Sunday beccause of the Low Cloud/fog cover in answer to one of the responses above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: