myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Stevenson CAM and late Forecasts
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CUSalin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Stevenson CAM and late Forecasts Reply with quote

Ahh... I see inwindsurf seems to have cencored my previous post of displeasure with fact that they are not delivering weather wind data for Stevenson on the first day of Gorge Easterlies.

Now there is not forecast at 7:49 am.

DEMAND REFUNDS!

Mike
johnmcs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Stevenson local wind meter and cams Reply with quote

It's windy; go sailing!

Live wind meter located at the end of Stevenson Landing (the Peir)
http://cityofstevenson.com/weather.html

Two live cams
http://cityofstevenson.com/cam.html

Enjoy!
Temira

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: stevenson sensor Reply with quote

Thanks for the links. That wind sensor is awesome! I just sent the link to everyone on my email forecast list. =)
CUSalin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Stevenson out Reply with quote

Yeah, thanks for the link! Maby iwindsurf should display link until their site is fixed. If ever.
jimoakes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's noon right now and I'm in Hood River. I've been checking the River cam,City cam and wind sensor at Stevenson of and on all morning.
The sensor hasn't been much over 20 mph, so I'm guessing it never got over 5.0 sail sizes even for small people.
Any onsite reports?
Please give some feedback if you were there today,and the time you were there. We may be able to use the history here:
http://cityofstevenson.com/weather/daily.html
and get a better idea of what's what.
WMP

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimoak wrote:
It's noon ..... Any onsite reports?

I'm looking at the situation right now..... doesn't look so good. Few puffs, lots of ol' geezer sloggers.... HUGE crowd, big sails, not much wind and (to add insult to injury) there's a big, fat BOAT docked creating a big wind shadow at Bob's.

I'll bet Darcy is very happy about this.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the camera links do is freeze my computer if I click on them. Must be wired through an inaccessible restaurant in town.

Doesn't the Stevenson Chamber of Commerce understand that we gotta eat, buy artsy fartsy do-dads, and/or buy gas?

It's busts like this that make me miss days like last Friday at the Hatchery; after a few hundred skunks one thinks twice about the 300-mile round trip. (Not blaming iW for this; every source forecast good wind today.)

\m/
mikeatBBV

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Wind Cams Reply with quote

Stevenson Cam is on http://windcams.net
It reloads every minute, with most other gorge cams.

Mike
hrwindsurfing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: It was sailable! Reply with quote

Sailed from 12:30 - 2 pm , had to rig my 5.2 on my 8'3". There were some holes, but hit some great ramps on the starboard tack, up by the buoy. You boys would of had to rig with a floaty board and a bigger sail!

Hey, it's East wind, but it was wind!
mik377

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Im a biscuit head but it seems to me you need to only forecast 3 places for gorge on eastery: Home Valley, Stevenson and Rooster Rock
I went to Rooster Rock and had to rely on the Stevenson forecast which said it wouldnt drop out. Well it dropped out. Wouldn't it make sense to forecast for places people go? When was the last time you saw someone sailing Swell City or Doug's on an easterly day? And FYI the Rooster Rock sensor is virtually worthless and shows maybe half of what it actually is . Unfortunately the noaa sensor for Rooster Rock which has been very reliable is currently down (of course).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: