myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
realities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: realities Reply with quote

Today, one of the threads concerning a couple of sensors, and their relative problems, was deleted, despite the fact that specific obtuse cuts weren't made toward iWindsurf.

I have been a dedicated CalloftheWind and iWindsurf customer for many many years, particularly given the fact that I was one of the first willing conscripts to the service so many years ago. Most importantly, I haven't been advocating leaving the services in any way. Yet, given the recent deletion, I have to actually question iWindsurf's dedication to the success of wind related sports.

I think that it's recognized that iWindsurf can't offer service at all conceivable locations. Yet, I would think that they wouldn't have an adverse reaction to those who think outside the box, and realitically, would like others to think accordingly, especially in those areas not covered. Really, the advancement of wind related sports is paramount overall, and truly, the real liveblood of those sports.

Can't you folks tolerate a little realism in the mix? I hate to think that you folks feel so unsteady about your strengths here.
david

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler, I just came across your post by happenstance. I don't know which deleted threads you're refering to, but discussions on this forum about customer service issues (including down stations) are sometimes moved or deleted because this is not a customer support forum.

It's not because we don't care about wind sports (please!) but simply because neither our customer support staff nor our weather station maintenance team routinely monitors these forums. Threads are sometimes moved or removed by our moderators (a team of volunteers from the windsurfing community) when found to be off-topic, customer-support related, or otherwise inappropriate for the forum they are in.

Again, the public forums are NOT CUSTOMER SUPPORT FORUMS. Looking over the forums right now I see we're not doing a very good job at communicating that fact - I'll try and do something about that, because we do have a customer support system that's very good at getting the right info to the right people: http://www.iwindsurf.com/support

david
madspaniard

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

I don't really agree with your approach here. This is supposed to be a windsurf support forum. I understand that if a sensor is down the first thing to do is to let iwindsurf know about it through customer support but I don't see anything wrong with folks opening a message to brainstorm about how to get around the problem so that they can continue sailing their spot or suggesting ways to fix it. I think iwindsurf has been a bit rough with these fellow windsurfers from SoCal deleting most or all of their posts about the isssue. They have all my support
windsrf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with leaving such posts on the forum. Unless you are somehow memory-starved it appears to have no downside, as long as folks do realize that best/quickest way to report initial problems is thru Customer Support. Alternative is too open to being interpreted as censorship - as should be evident by now. David US212
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: