myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
classified ad scams
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billgfc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: classified ad scams Reply with quote

what happened to this string ? It was here and now gone!

Look what I just got in my email

You have received the following reply to an ad that you posted in the Boards section of the Classifieds:

jimmy thomas (jimmy_bdollar0005@yahoo.com) writes:
Dear seller,~nl~I hereby wish to inform you that i am interested in the purchase from you.I saw the advert on the internet today, Kindly give me your best offer.Will you accept a certified check/money order as payment?I have aclient and colleague of mine who will be ready to send you payment by post when we both finally agree on terms. If its still available for sale,provide the details~nl~below...~nl~YOUR NAME...........~nl~ADDRESS FULL .....~nl~TEL. NUMBER.........~nl~LAST PRICE...............~nl~Regard~nl~
jordanwd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahah

ole jimmy_b still tryin to pull off that same ole scam (jimmy bdollar--haha-sunds like a pimp...haha)..Yaeh I received the same email a few months ago..go ahead an tell him you need to sell your equip for cash and you're willing to satisfy his idiotic terms and see the retarted response he sends you hahah (as if anyones that stupid to fall for it hahah)...
billgfc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I told him I only took cash

and the price is 25,000us

I just sold my van and I replied for 25,000 and a different idiot said he would take the item, lol
2bluehawaiins

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked This same person has been doing the same old reply for years ,I think he's just scamming for email address{for spam} . I can tell the wording is the same , Weird ,I think it's from europe? I saw your advert!
wsmike

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get at least 2 of these replies for every ad I place, usually more like 5 or 6 though. Its really annoying, mostly though because it looks like tons of legitimate people are making offers on my gear, so that discourages actual offers.

Would be nice if this could be fixed...I've suggested that only registered users could respond to ads, that would certainly help.
blireef

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens when you agree to jimmydollars reply.. Sounds like a sting would work if he does...
untwed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought about sending back an email that sounded like a 9/11 security crack down. like " this is agent jones and we're investigating funds leaving the united states". but then i thought it wouldn't be worth the trouble because, he probably doesn't understand english well enough, if he did- it wouldnt scare him, and it might be illegal to scare him with that tactic.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, it isn't a "he" that's scamming classified ads; it's much of the nation of Niger. Such scams are approved by its government, so it's been the primary source of income for many Nigerians ever since the internet his the scene (and probably longer). It's not called he "Nigerian Scam" for nothing.

\m/
billgfc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dumb dumb and dumber

CLIFF HARISSON (cliffagent007@yahoo.com) writes:
Hello,~nl~~nl~~nl~ Could you please let me know if the WAVE which you advertised for sale if it is still available for sale? If yes kindly let me know how much you are willing to sell it as well as the present condition. Do not forget to send me the pictures so that I can view it.~nl~~nl~~nl~ I shall be expecting your response asap.
pacspeed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love these guys. They clearly put so much thought into the process. I got the same offer, along with a request for a shipping cost estimate.

The item for sale was my house in Hood River.

I guess I'll need a bigger box.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: