myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Weed and Wind report San Luis 8/23/07

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctuna

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Weed and Wind report San Luis 8/23/07 Reply with quote

Since it was windy in the morning and it looked like the only near spot that would blow I went down to the Res today. Arrived at about 2 pm the water level at 220.8 know solid masses of weeds on the surface at this level. There are a few small clumps floating but there is no area where you have to cut path through solid thick green. As for the wind one guy out on 5.7 when I arrived planning most of the time. I rigged a 5.8 and was slightly under powered for about a half hour and then it came into range. I stayed in range on the 5.8 most of the afternoon by 5:30 I was OP ed and tired. If it does this again tomorrow I'm there early. Somebody come down and keep me company.
goinoff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctuna,

Thanks for the update..I've been wondering about the weed situation at the forebay..I had my hopes up when I heard the weed boat was mown' the weeds down. Anyhow, I don't have a weed fin, do ya still need one for those small clumps you were talking about?? Very Happy

Thx,

GoinOff
ctuna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Yes a weed fin is needed Reply with quote

But its not so bad that you have to cut a path through big green thick surface patches. Even when I was down there a couple or weeks ago the situation was the same. And I'm guessing the problem would be much worse on water levels lower than 222. Yesterday the water level was almost at 223 the water was getting close to the tree on the North side. Water Levels are reported hourly at the link found under Info for San Luis on the iwindsurf website. Didn't go today wind isn't there again. When your down in the water the weeds tend to tangle with your feet. Made a real nice Duck Jibe yesterday with a planning exist , I was stoked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: