myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hudson wind sat. 8/18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikej1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Hudson wind sat. 8/18 Reply with quote

Anybody else catch that great wind that blew through yesterday morning.I was on a 4.7 alternatly shloggin an hangin on for dear life in Haverstraw bay. I could see two sails to the south off of Croton. this was not the usual summer day in the Hudson valley.
RickCronk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were well over a dozen kiters and windsurfers at Croton, a few more at Swamp Hole, The Tunnel, Kingston Point Beach, and a few even as far north as Germantown. Everyone reports great conditions though the difference between lull and gust was over 100% most of the day. The wind at Croton was well over what the meter reported as the meter is "protected" on shore to the east at the yacht club. Typical NW on Hudson River though never like that during the summer. Hopefully a precursor to what the fall season has in store for us. RC
vikingsail

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the top of the Hudson, at Great Sacandaga Lake, we had 12-18 West wind on Saturday, then 15-25 NW wind on Sunday. Some of our members sailed 5 days this week. THE WIND IS BACK.
MoreWind69

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Sandy Hook NJ was screamin Reply with quote

I was at Sandy Hook all morning, and the wind was major. Very Happy I had my 4.5 rigged up and I was flying! There were about 8 or so kitesurfers kicking it up as well. What a great day. One I wont soon forget.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: