myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Get well greetings for the Dangler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tweeky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gracie wrote:
thats a hate-ful wind your sailing my brother

Gracie, if you're capable, I'd really be curious to see you expand your thoughts a bit on this forum. What do you mean by your last post? Do you mean you go through life as a complete pacifist, you never get upset with anyone no matter what they do to you or those you love? Are you saying that no matter what someone does when we are out on the water, even if its intentionally forcing an altercation, we should never react?
I don't read GuyTessier's post as hate at all. It sounds like he's relieved that a danger and threat is no longer present, just as if a dead-head or hidden sandbar had been removed. It seems to me like you're projecting your image of people who have an issue with Mark's behaviour on to them, and I'm curious as to why. If you've got all this peace and love, live and let live inside you, why do you react then to people's posts here?
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tweeky wrote:
why do you react then to people's posts here?

Same question applies to you, guy. Don't you realize how much like Gracie you sound since several others expressed opinions different from yours about preferred board size?
andymc4610

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'dangler' is loved by most kiters and loathed by most windsurfers, this makes for an interesting case study.

gracie - kiter
tweeky

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
tweeky wrote:
why do you react then to people's posts here?

Same question applies to you, guy. Don't you realize how much like Gracie you sound since several others expressed opinions different from yours about preferred board size?

Are you kidding? Gracie just has these little quip responses. My rants and raves go on forever, it takes hours to come up with them! Shocked

Anything to add to this topic Iso, or were you just chasing me down?
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: "hurt" Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by tetiaroaxx on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
SamD0g

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the old boy, anyhow ?

Bad kiting accident at the Klickitat a couple of days ago. A guy got dragged and all banged up, broken clavical, two or three broken ribs, collapsed lung, ruptured spleen. Really bad and sad. I think he was just learning to fly the thing.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone informing newbies of the risks of this sport? When I've told parents that those kite lines drooping near their swimming kids' heads during gusty launches could severely wound their kids, I just got blank stares. Many people simply don't think, such as the legislators who proposed requiring seat belts on motorcycles and demanded the abolition of Daylight Savings Time so cows would give more milk.

"Jackass, The Movie" comes to mind.

\m/
Terryg11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Is anyone informing newbies of the risks of this sport? When I've told parents that those kite lines drooping near their swimming kids' heads during gusty launches could severely wound their kids, I just got blank stares.
\m/

That's the real problem.

No, you can be darn sure that no one is telling prospective kiters that it's dangerious--because this is self policing, and they're all trying to sell lessons at $85/hour.

That said, we have injuries in WS like the one described, but they're from the extreme ends of the sport--sailing Jaws, or Formula racing in 35 knot winds, that sort of thing.

Not the sort of things beginners get involved in--there's no physical way they could.

But kiters are doing something extreme from day one--maybe especially on day 1, and no, they mostly have no idea.
katosandog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - even nature dislikes the Dangler. That rock probably moved there by itself.
aoc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: dangling Reply with quote

I think to understand Mark's attitude you would have had to have been in the military in the Viet Nam era. It's a shame he did not get the post traumatic stress syndrome counseling that he needed. Mark-you still can! In the ER we no longer use the term motor vehicle accident. We say motor vehicle crash, because if someone gets drunk and drives and crashes, it is not an accident. It is natural progression of events. Bad choices lead to bad consequences. I am glad that Mark's bad choice that day did not injure anyone else and he did not break his heels on someone's head. How about we help each other make better decisions? Oh, and get ready for a whole lot of bad attitudes coming home from Iraq. They are really going to need our help. AOC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: