myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Get well greetings for the Dangler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
westender

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose the example here is that women are more supportive than men. Guys would rather bash each other over the head with a stick while the gals aren't so much into that kind of thing. I'm trying to understand the impressive showing of support from the ladies.
Temira

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: c'mon... Reply with quote

Alan,

The Dangler didn't get hurt because he's foolish on the water. He got hurt because he made a mistake while launching his kite. You could do the same while launching your kite or stepping off the rocks with your windsurfing gear, or while walking down the street, for that matter.

I'm not a PC person (ask anyone); I just know how much it sucks to get hurt. I'd be pretty upset if I knew that a large contingent of people was wishing I'd never get well. I assume you'd feel the same way.

I feel bad for everyone who has been hurt kiting or windsurfing, or doing any activity they love. Go get hurt badly, and you'll understand as well, and you'll appreciate the "get well" greetings. Do nice things for people, and your good deeds just might come back to you when you need help.

Temira
D-wo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Temira said: I'm not a PC person (ask anyone); I just know how much it sucks to get hurt.

She's not. Unless PC means pretty cool.

Is The Dangler (Mark) the same guy that used to sail at The Hatchery with a double underhand boom grip? This is dating back about 8 years ago. He always had a dog running loose around the site.

Just curious.
WMP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dangler got his name by dangling his leeward hand in the river. He is well known to play 'chicken' with anything that moves on the water including barges. Fact, last time I seen the dangler windsurfing (several years ago) it was at the Narrows on a 3.2 Tuesday.... barge is coming from the upwind (it created a big wind shadow).. everybody saw it coming and came to shore..... 'cept the dangler who decided he was gonna show everyone how stupid he could be. So, the dude stalls in the wind shadow right in front of this supersized barge. Dang, I've never seen anyone come so close to turning into instant sturgeon food.
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: c'mon... Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by tetiaroaxx on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
WMP

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an accident just about an hour ago down near the Narrows launch. I was on my way down there with board in hand.... walking peacefully along the path that descends down to the RR tracks along side SR14. Suddenly I hear tires screeching and then BOOM !!! massive explosion. I look up and all I can see was metal pieces flying everywhere with smoke and flames behind the trees. Next, I run up to the highway and see wreckage everywhere.... yep, it was a head-on between a logging truck and a high rise 4x4 P/U. Other drivers had stopped and a commercial van driver was running to the flames with a fire extinguisher.

8/10 Update: http://www.columbian.com/news/localNews/08102007news181304.cfm

Bank Teller tells me this AM that it was, indeed, a fatal head-on crash caused by a smoker who dropped her cigarette while driving... she was trying to find the cigarette when she veered over the double yellow line towards the oncoming logging truck. Logging truck driver tries to avoid the crash by sqeezing right (towards me), but a tire blows and the truck is sent into the path of the 4x4 truck. Victims daughter is in the front passenger seat and survives, thus, this story is told.

Bad choices lead to bad consequences. Dangler has been given many chances.... now he's paying a price.

Last edited by WMP on Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
tetiaroaxx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Last edited by tetiaroaxx on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Temira

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: "hurt" Reply with quote

"Hurt is cool. That's part of 'extreme' (urgg) sports. I think he was referring to your calling it an 'accident' like a car accident. Accidents are not cool. Those people cannot post hero stories."

Getting dragging across the beach into a rock is an accident. Jumping 40 feet in the air and landing hard is "getting hurt." Dangler had an accident, hence I feel doubly bad.

Temira
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

westender wrote:
I'm trying to understand the impressive showing of support from the ladies.

Maybe it's the implications of Mark's nickname.

\m/
GuyT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not be an hypocrite.

The longer he is off the water, the better it is for other people. He once did his usual "I will scare you just for the fun of it" on me. This guy is one of the worst person I ever encountered in my life, so I have no pity for him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: