myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Get well greetings for the Dangler
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
westender

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Mark's not the only one with a rep. Reply with quote

You can't blame the Dangler. He's only carrying on the finest traditions of Lester Polyester. I only saw Lester do his thing a couple times but that was enough for me.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jota wrote:
Can someone explain the history of this Dangler guy? I gather he is reckless and inconsiderate. Who is he, how long has he been around, and does everyone know who he is (but me)?

He's the best-known, most consistent ahole in the Gorge, and proud of it. He gets off on ruining everybody else's sailing experience by playing high-speed chicken, tucking up behind you or at your elbow so you can't maneuver or ride swell, reportedly grabbing others' booms under sail, jumping over or at others regularly, hitting on women so aggressively and constantly that many have reportedly taken out restraining orders against him, and just generally being a walking hemorrhoid. He's been a boil on the ass of the Gorge scene for many years, and no decent human being will miss him on the water. Trying to talk him off your elbow has done no good; even backlooping in his face to make the point got one victim nothing more than a challenge to a fist fight on land, which Mark (aka the Dangler, more fittingly The Stool in the Bonneville Pool) extremely wisely withdrew from once he saw his victim on land.

That's all you need to know about him, because even if he devotes 60 hours a week to scrubbing bed pans at a Bangladesh refugee children's leprosy ward, his net contribution to the Gorge scene -- hell, the planet -- is still very negative.

To bad, 'cause rumor has it he has a decent personality other than that. ("Besides that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?")

\anonymous/
westender

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Urban legend Reply with quote

Are you sure that some of his exploits aren't the work of someones overactive imagination. I'm not saying he hasn't done most of what people are accusing him of. But not everything.

Maybe this is a rumor too but the story I was told was that at the Hatch one day he pissed off the wrong guy and almost was killed by drowning. Luckily the guy let him go before he was dead.

Restraining orders huh!? Boy that's a good one I never heard before.
pacspeed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Isobars is hiding his identity...everybody knows who he is.

The Dangler has pulled some sh*t with me before too. If he cares to try it again, I'd be happy to take the discussion "back to shore". I don't know what motivates a guy to be such an a-hole, nor what screwed up logic he uses to think he's not going to eventually get his ass beaten down for it.

I wont miss him, and I don't care if he ever gets better.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gracie wrote:
if your going to slam someone why don't have enough balls to identify yourself, have you ever met Mark? I have,and I had enough balls to tell him constructively what I felt w/out casting aspersions, I have no problem w/ him.

"Aspersions" are, by definition, untrue. The actions I related as fact have been witnessed first-hand by many, many people. As I indicated, I have not verified the class-action TROs reportedly filed for by Gorge women disgusted with his constant, overt, sick sexual harassment. If I ever have the misfortune of sharing the river with him, you better believe I'll talk to him, very politely and calmly, about respecting others' space to play. Then we'll see if he has any respect for others' rights to play in peace and mutual safety without making the public hate all kiters by association.

And, oh, yeah ... it's a big mystery who I am.

Given your explicit support in this and other forums of reckless endangerment, even premeditated and repeated ADW, it's easy to see that you would have no problem with him. Given that, why did you have to "tell him what you felt" about his behavior?

\nobigmystery/
blireef

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought when the "sarge" held him under at the hatch that day he would straighten out, but I guess Tony didn't hold him under long enough.. He usually doesn't mess with people who would thump him, he like to do his intimidating on women sailors.. Oh Well he's easy to avoid if you try, especially now. I don't think his injury was karma, it was a accident I don't wish on anyone.
jimoakes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gracie wrote:
if your going to slam someone why don't have enough balls to identify yourself, have you ever met Mark? I have,and I had enough balls to tell him constructively what I felt w/out casting aspersions, I have no problem w/ him.

Last edited by jimoakes on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Temira

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: that's disturbing Reply with quote

I just checked this forum, and couldn't believe the replies to my post wishing the Dangler well.

There is no reason to send bad thoughts towards the Dangler (his name is Mark, by the way). His karma is his karma, and our karma requires us to send good thoughts his way. If you don't believe in karma, think "love thy neighbor," or "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

I've been injured before, and it's downright miserable. Pain is bad. Missing time on the water is bad. Not being able to work is bad. Not having people wish you well, and not having people to help you out, is even worse.

Dangler's going to be miserable for many months with that injury (two broken heels), and the least we can do is wish him well.

Why? Even though Dangler's a pain in the butt on the water, he's still human. He still has a good heart, unlike some other people I've run into around here. He's not a bad guy off the water, and he's off the water for probably 6 months now.

So, be nice. Maybe your mother didn't teach you to help out injured people, but you can still learn.

Temira
alan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had friggin ~50 'get wells' in his kite forum, and quite a few here (albeit some must have been fake). As some have said, it's not like he was in a car accident or hit by a drunk driver or something. Someone, this summer, may have one of those misfortunes on their long journeys to the Gorge. Your sad devotion to this nobody is bad karma in itself. Sounds more like PC to-me. Please send some get-wells to some that have been hurt in the Gorge in the past without their doing.
WMP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful Alan, errr ya might become one of Dangler's personal dildo's... sorta like that John Wayne Gacy dude...

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/notorious/gacy/gacy_1.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: