myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
WIND SURFING TORONTO?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VWINGMAN

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: WIND SURFING TORONTO? Reply with quote

I HAVE TRIED TORONTO YET DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS PRIME THIS TIME OF YEAR? Laughing
J.MACINTOSH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: TORONTO Reply with quote

Actually, it rather sucks this time of year. The windy times are the spring and fall, with the fall taking the prize (but you have to go north of Toronto to get the North-West winds). Occasional good winds in the summer, but not very often. Sorry. Crying or Very sad
VWINGMAN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip, I'll practise till fall comes around and tear it up then. Im going to travel up north to collingwood for a week and see if I can find anything around georgian bay. (I have big doubts)

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

J. Mac do you think traveling more north would help?

vwingman
lippes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: windsurfing Toronto? Reply with quote

I'd recommend going the North Shore of Lake Erie. About an hour and a half drive from Toronto. The closer you get to Fort Erie the better. Sherkston is a great spot. The beaches are sandy and the Water is clean and warm until mid October. Check out the Crystal beach anamometer. good luck. HL
Inspiron

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am from Collingwood and generally sail in 'COLD' fall conditions. This means full dry suit, and a cup of hot coco waiting for me when I get in. Sunset point, good for N/NW winds. Sauble beach (a bit past collingwood) has good wave sailing. Winds will generally be fairly consistent if timed right, and can average up around 25 - 30 knots.
ducky007

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Windsurf sites North of TO Reply with quote

Minet's Point in Barrie and Keswick are closest. - Good on some days. Minet's is often gusty but has great parking etc.
Allenwood Beach and Jackson's Point on Georgean Bay are excellent for anything from the South to NNW, with steady winds on good days. - You have to pay for parking at Allenwood.
For a NW- NE try Sawlog Bay @ Kettle Beach near Awenda Park and Penetang. - Steady winds when good and georgeous scenery. Good for day-sails as you can rest on shoals.
Klaus
snowy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-Minets Point in Barrie, Good for Biginners to experts, W, NW and the odd east are great, But bring booties as there are lots of zebra musels close to shore, Spring and Fall are prime time,

2-Allenwood beach north of Wasaga, good on a north to west. Sandy Bottom with pay parking, On windier days the shore break can be big and demanding, Sailed there yesterday in about 15kts. Waves were wast high.

3-Cherry Beach Toronto, Good for South to East check out the torontowindsurfingclub.com for more info

Hope this helps
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: