myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Washoe Lake
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronm41

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vadler wrote:
I've always wanted to sail up there, but can you elaborate on short-boardable? Does that mean 120l or less? 150l? 165? I thought shortboard meant no centerboard, but almost nothing has a c-board these days. My biggest is 103l and 6.7 which I haven't used on the bay in 4 years, but I might lug it to Tahoe if I could use it.

Thanks,
Vic

I guess I am kinda old school so a shortboard to me is 9' x 22" and around 100 liters for a good sized male and a 5.5-6.0 m sail. I usually bring two boards with me a 105 and a 120, "new school" or short and wide freeride boards and I usually sail a 5.9 or 6.4. I am also big and the average males here sail around 85 liters and a 5.5 and the gals usually on 5.0's. This would be a typical day, on the days where the pressure gradient is close together because there is frontal activity in Ore or Wash then I will sail on a 5.0 and the average guys on 4.2. that will happen a couple of times per month during the summer and more in the spring and fall. Washoe Lake is not a light wind lake, either it blows a minimum of 18 or it doesn't blow so not a place for jumbo gear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: