myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
why is it blowing at Berkeley ALL the time now?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chibichibi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: why is it blowing at Berkeley ALL the time now? Reply with quote

ok, i am new to the berkeley scene. i've been rather bummed at the lack of wind before last week. every time i go out on a 20 it dies to 15. anyone know why it's been blowing off the hook for the last 5 days straight? seems uncanny or is this how it "should" be?
burkely

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 80's and most of the 90's Berkeley winds blew regularly in sequences similar to the past five days. I used to anticipate a day off after a long run of good days. Tonight I can hardly move but hope the July blast continues.

burkely
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's gotta blow somewhere, and it ain't a banner year in the Gorge. Fluke, or pattern?

\m/
dabull1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GLOBAL WARMING... DIG IT!! Bull
madspaniard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

best week ever at Berkeley, wind and swell were amazing, can't get enough, last year was all up and down, teaser winds. I always heard Berkeley used to be a great spot with medium to high winds
MOTOP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burkely wrote:
Tonight I can hardly move but hope the July blast continues.

I share your hopes and pains Smile
Some people got as much as 7 straight days of 4.x sailing. If the next week follows the same suit, I'm taking a vacation.
charlie12

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burkely wrote:
In the 80's and most of the 90's Berkeley winds blew regularly in sequences similar to the past five days. I used to anticipate a day off after a long run of good days. Tonight I can hardly move but hope the July blast continues.

burkely

i remenber some of that.
and ya sick windy days
are we all gonna hit it once again..?
windoggi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: why is it blowing at Berkeley ALL the time now? Reply with quote

chibichibi wrote:
ok, i am new to the berkeley scene. i've been rather bummed at the lack of wind before last week. every time i go out on a 20 it dies to 15. anyone know why it's been blowing off the hook for the last 5 days straight? seems uncanny or is this how it "should" be?

The reason it's been blowing so hard is because I've been off the water, injured by a slap shot to the hip during the last round of cranking winds. So thank me. I should be back on the water in about a week, so go get it before I kill it when I return.

And Burkley, if you would act your age and come in after 6 hours on the water every fukin day, you might be moving a little better. I can arrive at the parking lot...rig up, sail, unrig, drink a couple of beers, eat Bruce's peanuts, have a "skipper's meeting" and Burkley is STILL out there. You can spot him a mile away because of his "easy chair stance"...going faster than anyone else on the water.
chibichibi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you define Burkeley's "easy chair stance"? i still have never seen him on the water, only either un-rigging and re-re-organizing his gear/van after his 6 hour sessions. he's an inspiration to all.
chibichibi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you define Burkeley's "easy chair stance"? i still have never seen him on the water, only either un-rigging and re-re-organizing his gear/van after his 6 hour sessions. he's an inspiration to all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: