myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Please take this survey if you kiteboard and windsurf.Thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gorgekite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to get a cop DA judge and jury to believe their is intent to harm you personaly. Maybe if the kitter was sleeping with you wife then got into a heated argument with you on the beach then managed to hit you on the water after several tries with lots of witness. If not the police are not interested I was a wasco county reserve deputy for a few years.
4rest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyone else who witnessed this? Group of us kiters would love to come talk to this person.

heidi924ron wrote:
Alright boys and girls I've got to call out the COMPLETE Jack@#* kiter at the hatchery today Sunday the 15th. If anyone was there to witness the guy on the carbrina kite launching himself thru the very busy hatch will people please step up. I've have been a fan of kiting from the start, a long time friend of mine has a succesful kite business and I certainly appreciate the athletic abilities of those that can boost the fifty foot airs but what is the point of getting increasingly aggressive the more people you piss off. I saw at least 4 windsurfers have to completely throw themselves into the water with their rigs to avoid being clobbered by this guy. Many others simply had to make drastic directional changes to give this guy the room he demanded. When people yelled at him he would just cut them off more and jump closer. Then....he climbs out of the water super stoked yelling, and I quote, "I was owning it out there, did you hear all those people pissed off and yelling at me, it was sweet. I was killing it!" What is going on with the windsurfers? There should have been 10 guys waiting for this dude when he got out of the water. It should have been clear to this guy and the guy who launched him that there are soooo many other places he should be kiting rather than a busy day at the hatch. My buddy who is a avid kiter,windsurfer,and surfer said that if this guy pulled that stuff at seaside those boys would dropkick his a#$. Now I'm not saying that we should be gettin all militant and slashing his tires or busting his windshield (although this is common practice at many of the northwest surfbreaks if you're an idiot) but trying to be all rasta cool or bro' down with a anyone that obviously doesn't give two shits about the people sailing is total crap! Wheeew. Honestly, I mulled over making a post in this forum for several days. I think kiting is super rad! This was just the final straw to make me speak up. Avid kiters, do these guys exist at the "kite spots too? How do you guys handle it? Anyhoo, like I said before, this kind of disrespect should have been met with ten guys pointing the way to highway 14.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gorgekite wrote:
You have to get a cop DA judge and jury to believe their is intent to harm you personaly. Maybe if the kitter was sleeping with you wife then got into a heated argument with you on the beach then managed to hit you on the water after several tries with lots of witness. If not the police are not interested I was a wasco county reserve deputy for a few years.

The Rufus assaults I witnessed very clearly showed intent because they were deliberate; the past history would not have mattered except to extend the sentence. The WA RCW addresses actions; intent just compounds the offense. And it's the victim's reasonable assessment of the threat, not what's in the perp's mind, that determines the victim's allowable response. In the repeated cases I and many others saw at Rufus, the kiter's targets were clearly justified to use deadly force. Ditto Tweeky's description above of "almost killing a wife", if verified.

Any DA who would not prosecute in cases like that would be quickly facing a law suit at the very least, plus higher inquiry into why he was refusing to enforce the laws he took an oath to uphold. When HI police refused to prosecute the local who fired a spear gun at a planing WSer at Kanaha, the vic's wife threatened to sue the state. The local was promptly prosecuted.

And even if there's nary a cop nor videotape in sight, what kind of fool would physically attack another person on the water as Tweeky described? He's asking to spend the rest of the season in the hospital, at least, as the Dangler almost did years ago.
gorgekite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone ever been arested? Has the danglers behavior been changed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: