myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Cabrillo Beach Closure July 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dabull1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Winduro Reply with quote

Guys, the winduro at Cabrillo is going to be more a "happening" than a race cause other than the Frisco crew that races out of the St Francis Yacht Club on SF Bay, and the Kanaha series in Maui, who's raced on the West Coast in the last 15 years? It will be a day for us to strut our stuff in front of some media, do the usual drag race that always happens when two or more W/S get together, and have a whole lot of fun! As far as gear, a well known Leo wavesailor will be sailing his son's 140L+ Starboard and be doing his darndest not to do bottom turns and lip smacks on the swell outside while"racing, and I'm dusting off Very Happy the trusty OLD F2 275 W/C! It'll be a circus!!! Clown on! Bull
lutehowland

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Winduro Reply with quote

I'm stuck overseas and have to miss the Cabrillo event. I hope somebody will take some pics/video...
geohaye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second that - it would be cool if someone posts some pics here.

I hope the event is a blast!
johnnycrash

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: "Race the Hurricane" Reply with quote

Very Happy
Just wanted to say that I had a great time at the "Race the Hurricane" -Event. Very well run, and what a bargain. I felt like a sponsored rider, great food for 2, a stylin' lycra shirt, free parking, live music, an invite to the Yacht Club, har-rumph, har-rumph. (For twenty clams). The real "Hurricane" wind could have shown up, but it was just enough for the ole 6.6m the first heat. I want to apologise to those very intense intense racers that I pissed off,(during the finals) as I was barely planeing, approaching from below the beach mark, I kept course causing two opposing, well acoutremented bouy skimmers to bear-off, I was not going below the bouy in marginal conds. I got close, swam around and did one more, baerly planeing lap, and called it a day.
I hope that you schedule it again sometime - I'll even read the rules...
The last and only race I've entered, was the last downwind slalom race put on in the 80's. This beat it by a lot of kilometers
Once again,
Cheers!
JO
dabull1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: I'll second that Phillip!!! Reply with quote

It's unanimous!!! The entire Leo crew had a great time at the Winduro! Mark and Phillip brought their top -fuel super-duper 8.0's and smoked John, Steve, Claudia and myself. What Phillip didn't know is that the rest of us slow guys were sailing slightly upwind of the course during the novice final, thus creating a nice windshadow for his competition and allowing him a spot on the podium... congrats Phillip! Major hats off to the numerous sponsors and volunteers who served up a great event... just next time a little more input from Aeolus {Greek god of the west wind}... we were looking for the oldest board to fire up to appease him until I realized it would probably be mine! Again, thanks to all, especially Stephanie, for a real good time! Bull Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: