myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
robbery at 3r avenue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NellisMA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: robbery at 3r avenue Reply with quote

Just a warning. Last evning at 3rd a guy punched out a small window on the rear of my car and pulled out my pants with my wallet in it. The car was parked on the side of the driving range. I am pretty sure I saw the guy who did it-said hello to him as I closed the hatch and walked off with my board to go out- anglo defnintely not a kiter and I will leave it at that. he no doubt saw me,and quickly siezed the opportunity- stay alert .
gerritt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically, that's a burglary. If the guy punched you in the face and then stole your wallet and pants, that would be robbery. You should report it in any event along with a description. Foster City PD has so little to do, they will likely invest countless man hours trying to catch this creep, and you may just get lucky. Anyone with any info should respond to this thread.

I got burgled once about 10 years ago while sailing Davenport. It sucks.
DonORiordan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few years ago there was a rash of such burglaries at 3rd....back in those days
nobody even bothered to lock their car while they went out on the water. Eventually I think the cops caught whoever was doing it.... I don't remember the criminal used a break & enter technique (didn't need to, cars were unlocked). But now this guy, may be a new guy, might have just learned of an easy place to find wallets, good chance he'll come back. Definitely worth reporting (he might not come back if he sees cops around a bit more than usual). And yes, lets all be extra vigilant from now on. Thanks for posting and letting us know.

D
poulton0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Another car break-in Reply with quote

Today (Saturday) there was a second car break-in.
Brian's van had the door lock broken and some cash (at least)
stolen. This was also parked by the side of the driving range.

I suggest that everyone with a camera phone take a picture of
everyone who walks by, plus the license of every car with someone sitting
in it. Do so in an obvious fashion and that ought to spook the thief.

Ken

"I'm only paranoid because everybody's against me."
-- Major Frank Burns, 4077 MASH
geohaye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very much like Ken's idea. Hey -- that's how we do it here. If you don't like being photographed/having your license plate photographed, then don't stand/sit around loitering in this parking lot... Realistically, yes, getting FCPD involved -- could mean bad news quick for this jerk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: