myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
what's up with ASD?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benpfree1

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: what's up with ASD? Reply with quote

Hi,
does anyone know the status of the ASD shop at Coyote Point?
I'm asking as a curious customer, but I also noticed that their wind sensor
is down. Are they closed due to the fence at the launch there and limited access?

thanks
Ben
Epenrose

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben

I spoke to John a couple of weeks ago and he mentioned that he would be in Hawaii for a week and would be open at least Saturdays.

He answers calls.

I really hope they stay. Those brothers have been so good to so many of us over the years, numerous times.

Bob Miller is such a good shaper with so many killer boards, all my surfboards are his shapes. The enduro I bought from them years ago is my longest lasting board.

Getting stuff repaired as of last is tough since they moved.

Tough business, low margins, I thing the manufacturers suck, little to no support to retail, a lot to do with decline.

Geoff ran a great school at the stick, many of us got our start at the stick. I remember him complaining how the industry didn't step in to support schools or retail.

Pretty sad that you don't see people learning the way that you did in mid 90's.

I will speak to John and post how to get hold of him, where and when.

Thx
benpfree1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Its really too bad that they can't stay open more often. But I do understand that it is a tough business.
John has helped me out a few times too. One time he gave me a fin screw that saved my session, no charge. I'd like to see them stay in business.
-Ben
SPQR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John and Bob rock. Once I broke a universal that I had just bought. John must have seen me struggling with binoc's and met me on the beach with a new universal, no questions asked! With online purchasing and low margins it's tough for these guys. It's really a shame they had to move out of their other facility where Bob could do his repair stuff. I have a couple of Bob's shape's from the early 80's adourning my garage ceiling and I think how fun it was in the old days with hand made boards and sails (Santa Barbara Surf Sails). Have to admit though, the new production gear rocks. But it's not the same at Coyote without John and Bob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: