myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lopez Ladies Clinic - June 2, 2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkozuch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Lopez Ladies Clinic - June 2, 2007 Reply with quote

The Lopez Ladies Clinic is being held on June 2, 2007 at Lopez Lake on the Central Coast of California. We are conducting clincs for ladies only from 9:30 am to 12:00 pm and clinics for all members from 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm. From 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm we are having a party with a burgers and dogs BBQ, raffle and live band, “Those Guys”.

The event is being put on by the Central Coast Windsurfing Association (CCWA) which is a non profit club that promotes safety, education and access in the central coast. View our website, become a member and register at http://www.centralcoastwindsurfing.com/girlclinic.shtml .

Last edited by jkozuch on Thu May 10, 2007 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
fesotelo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the average sail and board size to take to Lake Lopez? I'm a 190lb guy and I'm planning to be there in the middle of July.
jkozuch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fesotelo wrote:
What is the average sail and board size to take to Lake Lopez? I'm a 190lb guy and I'm planning to be there in the middle of July.

If I could predict the wind, I'd know better, but I go about 180 lbs and in July, I'm usually on a 5.3-5.8 and a 90 liter board.
jrr166

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like great fun! Could someone tell us more? What's the skill level of the target audience, and what topics will the clinic cover?

And what winds are typical for June?
jkozuch

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrr166 wrote:
Sounds like great fun! Could someone tell us more? What's the skill level of the target audience, and what topics will the clinic cover?

The clinics assume that you can uphaul and sail forward. Topics include, Waterstarting, Rigging, Right of Way, Getting in the Harness and Footstraps, Tacks, Planing Jibes, Freestyle and Eva "The Board Lady" will be doing a clinic on the "Care and Feeding of your Board". Most instructors are recognizable experts on their topic. We will be posting a schedule within the next couple of days on the CCWA website.

Our goal is to provide some usable info and have fun!
geohaye

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: iW Wind Archives Reply with quote

Lopez is a terrific place to sail. You sure may not need it, but if you do own a bigger board (110+ liters), bring it, it can come in handy if you catch the fog machine not fully producing for a day or two.

Click here for the entire iWindsurf wind history for June 2006:
http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?siteID=1145&archiveMonth=6&archiveYear=2006&archiveSearch=Go&Isection=Wind+Archive&regionID=128&geographicalAreaID=0

And here's July 2006:
http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwhere.iws?siteID=1145&archiveMonth=6&archiveYear=2006&archiveSearch=Go&Isection=Wind+Archive&regionID=128&geographicalAreaID=0

George

newgraph.gif
 Description:
JULY 4th, 2006: Notice how the fireworks were set off early that year...Official 2PM start for an afternoon of modest wind for the faithful. (the fog machine moved into position and the heat inland sucked just enough wind across Lopez.)
 Filesize:  25.59 KB
 Viewed:  22450 Time(s)

newgraph.gif

fesotelo

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks there is no chop or waves in the lake so a big board can't hurt you there. I'll take a 110l board and 5.7 to 7.5 sails, that should do the trick then. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: