myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Who sailed in the good wind in LA the last few days?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capetonian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Who sailed in the good wind in LA the last few days? Reply with quote

Pity it wasn't over a weekend as I missed most of it, but I did get in the water from 5 pm to 6 pm at Topanga yesterday. I saw someone sailing at Sunset Beach, and another person half way between Sunset and Topanga. I wish I had left work early enough to go to County Line or Leo Carillo, as looking at the wind charts it didn't die there until about 7 pm. I was using a 6.0.
loopless

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

San Diego (Tourmaline)was 3.7-4.0 all afternoon. I've got the bruises to prove it!
christopher_cf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Belmont Shore Reply with quote

Tuesday [2007.03.27] was insane. The beach turned into an opaque sandstorm. I lasted about 45 minutes before my number was up. A red lifeguard truck stopped and eyeballed me on my last run in. They were probably wondering whether I would make it back. So did I. There were also 3 crazy kiters on the water, more on the beach; they gave up about 10 minutes after I did. 20 minutes after that the clouds shifted, dumped a little rain, and then the wind died completely. Eye of the hurricane? I waded my gear back home. Weird day.

I used my 109 F2 Style and KA Kult 5.3 because it was already rigged, and downhauled it to the max. The only smaller sails I had were a Sailworks Revo 5.0 and Hucker 4.2. I doubt they would have faired much better. So far there have been 3 sailing days this winter where I could have used a 3.5. I guess I'll have to buy one.

Wednesday [2007.03.28] was much better. I took out my Ezzy Wave SE 7.0 because it was already rigged. It was overpowered but manageable. The waves were nice and yielded good air. There were more kiters at Belmont Shore this day and 2 other windsurfers, including Fernando from Argentina using a green 103 Fanatic and a blue North Sails 5.8.
benpfree1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out Wardog's pics from C-street from the last few days:

http://surfingsports.com/cali_point/index.html

-Ben
RUSTYR101

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: BELMONT SHORE EPIC DAY Reply with quote

Yes it was a great day @ Belmont on Tues 27th, the '3 crazy kiters' you saw where my brother Dustin and myself Dallas and another guy. You are right, the wind did die down for an hour or so but blasted most the rest of the afternoon. EPIC SESSION.
capetonian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, looks like you had awesome sailing. What size sails were most people on?

benpfree1 wrote:
check out Wardog's pics from C-street from the last few days:

http://surfingsports.com/cali_point/index.html

-Ben
coolmtnbiker048

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed it!!!! But I was there December 27th so that makes up for it. Very Happy
FredBGG

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup

I went out at Zuma/Broadbeach.... It was blowing 28 when I launched my kite a small 7m (very small for me being 225lbs)

Great session...big ass waves on the outside and steep buggers with car sized whitecaps

When I came in and pot my kire down it was blowing 35mph with gusts to 42mph Shocked

Had a blast. Really great little kite the Flysurfer Pulse 7

Unfortunatly another local tried to go out but crashed hi kite when launching on the beach and got dragged bad...

Cheers

Fred
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: