myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
adjustable or non-adjustable footstraps?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madspaniard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: adjustable or non-adjustable footstraps? Reply with quote

Guys,

I need your input on something silly. Im thinking about buying the DaKine Core Contour straps and have to decide between the adjustable and the non-adjustable straps.

It is obvious that the adjustable ones have an advantaje for people that go bare foot in the summer and wear booties in the winter, but do they keep their nice contoured open shape as well as the non-adjustable ones?

Thanks
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: RE: adjustable or non-adjustable footstraps? Reply with quote

Footstrap adjustability is a vrey highly personal issue. I virtually never wear booties, but must adjust my foot straps several times a day some days because I have no arches. We who have no arches must have our straps set PERFECTLY to avoid going too deep or not deep enough. So weigh your answers closely; mine would be very different from many other peoples.

Mike \m/
jpf18

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: RE: adjustable or non-adjustable footstraps? Reply with quote

DaKine adjustable footstraps Ive had held their shape just fine. Its a different story with other mfctrs. I use tennis balls for storage and transportation to prevent accidential collapses.
cosmicharlie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: RE: adjustable or non-adjustable footstraps? Reply with quote

You have to be able to get into the straps before you start worrying about their shape, madguy.
Windlover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: RE: adjustable or non-adjustable footstraps? Reply with quote

Both styles will hold their shape due to the fact that the Core is a molded plastic designed to keep the strap shape open instead of collapsing after some use.

As for which to buy, depends upon your particular style. If you feel you will need to adjust for booties or non booties, get adjustable. Otherwise get the non adjustable.

Iso never wears booties, I always wear booties of some type. Im a tenderfoot and have to have protection. So I use non adjustable straps and once set, they stay that way.
madspaniard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: RE: adjustable or non-adjustable footstraps? Reply with quote

cosmicharlie wrote:
You have to be able to get into the straps before you start worrying about their shape, madguy.

whatever you say psycho, come over to the Bay Area and I'll show you how to get in the straps

Last edited by madspaniard on Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
GarryW

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: RE: adjustable or non-adjustable footstraps? Reply with quote

Ive been using the non-adjustable Core Contour Straps for years and love them. 12 years ago I broke my foot and I find that theyre the easist to get in and out of. Also when jibing I find that I can pivot out of the straps instead of making a conscience effort to pull them out. Finally with 3 boards I know that no matter which board Im on the footstrap setting will be the same.
scooper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: tired of using a screwdriver to make adjustment Reply with quote

I have the non-adjustable on 1 board and they hold their shape and are easy to get into and out of. My only complaint is that I have to get a screwdriver out to change them when I switch booties- I use 2 layers of booties for cold water and 1 layer for warm, and my wife always uses 1 layer, we share the board.[/img]
pueno

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I imagine Cosmic prefers the company of the ladies to the queer Bay Area croud..."

Nice thoughts, Brucie. Rolling Eyes

Since Sinbad and Comic Charlie are one and the same, then you certainly know what you like -- and, based on a few dozen of your Yahoo aliases, I suspect it's NOT the ladies.
taavik

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I just found out (the hard way) that DaKine Core Contour footstraps look indeed very comfortable in the beginning but they are much stiffer than ordinary footstraps and hence not so good choice for wave riding.

I loved the shape but not the stiffness and switched back to old straps after 2 sessions only. My feet (tops of the arches) are so sore now as they have neve been before during 9 years of windsurfing.

Hope this helps to decide.

Taavi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: