myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Quatro boards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poussin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: Quatro boards Reply with quote

Who likes Quatro boards?
I was thinking of getting one for the S.F.bay area (mostly bump and jump).
The people who are building them seem to be pretty motivated about their product, and most reviews Ive read are pretty good.
I also like the fact that they actually make the boards themselves.
Lets hear what yall have to say.
thanks.
Greg
csr7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: RE: Quatro boards Reply with quote

Arent they mostly cobra productions now and most reviews are of them? Maybe they still make a few true customs. Their custom graphics really stand out. Maybe the customs are lighter?
madspaniard

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: RE: Quatro boards Reply with quote

Hi Greg,

I just bought a second-hand 2006 Quatro Freestyle Wave 85 liters for the SF Bay Area (b&j in mind). At first I was a little hesitant about Quatro mainly because I didnt know much about them and their boards but then I spent a some time doing some research, talking to Quatro owners, and checking out some board reviews and I couldnt really find a reason not to buy the board. Im still waiting for winds over 22 knots to try it on the water so I cant comment on its performance yet. It seems like its one of the boards of choice over at Maui.

cheers
wsurfn1426

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: RE: Quatro boards Reply with quote

laurier17

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: RE: Quatro boards Reply with quote

Quatros are really good boards with world class shapes!! I maybe wrong but I beleave just the customs are made right on maui, productions are made somewhere else because of the quantities. But, alot of the pros use keiths custom boards (just marked up as production boards, like levis starboard acids!! all quatro customs!!)the production shapes are tested by alot of the top pros on maui. I have a 70ltr wave (custom) and a 85ltr freewave. They are both really good, strong and light, very light. just email lalo goya (frans brother) and hell answer any questions you have. he wont BS you, he lets his product do the talking. My opinion is the are wild and I havent heard any other complaints.
jakethesnake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: RE: Quatro boards Reply with quote

The production Quatros come out of the Cobra factory. Their shapes are just as good as a custom. I personally use their production 63ltr and 68ltr. Im 150lbs and windsurf in Maui, The Gorge and the west coast. These boards excel in the waves but are great b+J boards and can be used for freestyle as well. Their custom boards are actually cheaper than you would think. They also have some slightly used customs at a discounted price. They have a lot of options, it just depends on what type of sailing you are into and what you want your board to do. Check out www.quatrointernational.com
windbetty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: RE: Quatro boards Reply with quote

Quatro has a great reputation - mainly as a wave board. You should try to demo the board if you can. I recently tried 5 different board and the one I thought I would like the least was the one I liked the best and vise versa. Of course, your skill level, style and sailing conditions should be factored it too.

On a different note, I cant help remark on the Cobra comments. Just because a board is made in the same factor doesnt mean that the specs for the product are the same. The equipment used to produce a windsurfing board is no secret, so having one factory with that equipment makes sense. However, each manufacturer has their own exact specs.
Having worked with many top manufacturers for years, I know that different quality products can come from the same place. Its all about the specs and raw materials, not the equipment used to produce the boards.

Anyway, best of luck with buying a new board and please send us a review when you buy one.

Heres to a windy 07,
-Rebecca
Boardsports School
Smile
csr7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: RE: Quatro boards Reply with quote

There can be alot of style, soul, and self expression displayed in the top levels of wavesailing. A custom board seems to run along these same lines. The top pros probably have very lightweight custom built shapes that are painted up to look like their sponsors boards. They get to have the light custom ride that enhances their abilities and allows them to do more amazing things, but then lacks some individuality as it looks the same as all the others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: