myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Boston: sunny, cold and windy Sat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Boston: sunny, cold and windy Sat. Reply with quote

Boston forcast is for lots of sun, 20 kt winds and temps in the low 30s for Saturday. I plan to sail Pleasure Bay.
ron.c

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: RE: Boston: sunny, cold and windy Sat. Reply with quote

take pictures for offical verification!
rc
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: RE: Boston: sunny, cold and windy Sat. Reply with quote

Sceptic! OK Ill bring my camera. Smile
scooper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: RE: Boston: sunny, cold and windy Sat. Reply with quote

Maybe Ill stop by and watch. I dont think I want to sail in below freezing temps. My wife would probably have me committed! Of course, she might do that anyway. scooper
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: RE: Boston: sunny, cold and windy Sat. Reply with quote

Great. Maybe you can take a picture or two. My plan has been to keep going out until its too cold to be fun. So far Ive been warm enough but Saturday will be the coldest yet.
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: RE: Boston: sunny, cold and windy Sat. Reply with quote

The forecast has gotten colder and windier. 20 kts and low 30s seemed do-able, but 27 kts with temps in the teens or low 20s is too cold.

I think Ill go terrain sailing at Seabrook.
scooper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: RE: Boston: sunny, cold and windy Sat. Reply with quote

What is terrain sailing? Ive got a land board with pnumatic wheels but Ive never really found a good place to use it near by, (Boston suburbs). Ive been toying with the idea of digging it out of the piles of junk for one of these cold days when I dont want to get wet. When I bought it I thought I could use it at a local park but the wind was too unsteady. scooper
OliverTwist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: RE: Boston: sunny, cold and windy Sat. Reply with quote

Thats what I have. A terrain board with 10 in pnuematic wheels. It is hard to find a good place to do it. Theres an RV campground on the Hampton side of the inlet at Seabrook that I use. The surface is hard packed dirt, grass and stones so its not uideal but it gets good wind and its wide open in the off season.

I froze there yesterday. My chin was numb by the tuime Id rigged. Wind was too gusty. I rigged a 3.7 and still couldnt handle it.
scooper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: RE: Boston: sunny, cold and windy Sat. Reply with quote

Yeah, sounds like our boards might be similar. Too bad that you froze! scooper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: